Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » How do you make food?
D&D

How do you make food?

Posted - September 27, 2017

Responses

Liquid, grease, flour and heat.

Milk, butter, flour and stove

Juice of meat, fat or butter, flour and stove

Then you adjust with flavors.  You can use garlic, onion, pepper salt wine.  Things like that do a lot for the flavor.

September 27, 2017 12:01 PM MDT

Just buy her a nice diamond then you'll get all the gravy you want.
      September 27, 2017 12:18 PM MDT

Just bring home the bacon and you get great bacon gravy. 
      September 27, 2017 12:26 PM MDT

The easy way.

September 27, 2017 12:37 PM MDT

Yes sir, that's what I do. It tastes great and less fat. 
      September 27, 2017 1:19 PM MDT

I agree. And Kroger brand is fine. The stuff in a jar, though, is flavorless swill.
      September 27, 2017 1:23 PM MDT

After you fry the meat take out the meat for serving and pour what is left in the pan into a bowl.
    Then add a cup of milk to the bowl, and a bit of salt plus a dinner spoon of flour (some people add coloring too, I don't).
    Stir thoroughly and then pour it all back in the pan, on low heat, bring it to boiling while continuously stirring, then turn off the stove.

September 27, 2017 6:06 PM MDT

What type of meat? The last meat I made was frying nuggets (the frozen section). Usually don't have the stomach to handle meat well but I can try for the sake of gravy.
      September 28, 2017 5:52 AM MDT

There are two methods.  I don't fry food so I rarely make flour gravy.  I usually make gravy to go with roasts with the juicey stuff that cooks out of them in the oven, slow cooker, or dutch oven if you cook on top of the stove.  Put the stock in a pan and bring to a boil. In a cup combine corn starch with some milk or water.  Slowly add to the boiling stock.  Add a little Dale's Steak sauce to make it a brown color.  This is my favorite type of gravy and I love making it when I cook a beef or pork roast.  It calls loudly for rice.

The exception for me to make flour gravy is when someone asks for sausage gravy to go with biscuits.  It's been a long time since I received that request. 
      September 27, 2017 10:23 PM MDT