Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » YouTube is cracking down on HATE SPEECH. Is that an infringement of your right to free speech or do you think hateful SHOULD be restricted?

YouTube is cracking down on HATE SPEECH. Is that an infringement of your right to free speech or do you think hateful SHOULD be restricted?

Per an article in THE HILL dated September 30, 2017 by  Ali Breland. Apparently companies like  Coca Cola, Microsoft and Amazon pulled their ads because they noticed the placement of them was sometimes alongside videos of hateful, offensive or pro-terrorist content. Is all hate speech welcome in your opinion ? Should it be allowed  no matter the target, the language, the source, the endgame? Or should hate be contained, restricted, confined, censored? Why?

Posted - October 1, 2017

Responses

The First Amendment was never intended to provide a screen for vilification.
      October 1, 2017 2:00 AM MDT

I agree but  lotsa folks dis. The article I read said that conservatives and right-wing groups specifically are furious with the changes! I thought it best to leave that part out of the question. SIGH. You know why. Thank you for your reply Sbf! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 1, 2017 2:03 AM MDT
      October 1, 2017 2:02 AM MDT

i dont think there should be any hate speech either
      October 1, 2017 5:33 PM MDT

YouTube can do what it wants. They are a private organization. 
      October 1, 2017 5:56 PM MDT