Active Now

Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Legal » I guess states decide what gun laws they want. Nevada has very relaxed laws. Your state? Are your laws righty tighty or loosey goosey?

I guess states decide what gun laws they want. Nevada has very relaxed laws. Your state? Are your laws righty tighty or loosey goosey?

Posted - October 2, 2017

Responses

We have loose laws here, but they don't matter. I could get a gun in an hour. (Illegally)
      October 2, 2017 7:58 AM MDT

I guess it's like drugs. You can always find someone who'll provide you with whatever you want for a price. Thank you for your reply Ele and Happy Tuesday.
      October 3, 2017 2:45 AM MDT

Tight. Guns can be had illegally on the black market, but NOT cheaply. Wack jobs can't get them. Since laws were tightened in 1996 (after Port Arthur), there hasn't been a single mass shooting.
    Farmers can also get firearms permits (for controling vermin and euthanizing critically ill or injured livestock), and life on the land is getting harder - most gun deaths in Australia are suicides.
    I don't know whether tighter gun restrictions in the US can work, frankly. They're not registered and all over the place, so far too easy to hide.
      October 2, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

I wonder how many mass shootings there have been in the US since  1996?  I might just Google it although whatever the number is will depress me even further. SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Sbf. Well one good thing comes out of this.  America is  a good example of WHAT NOT TO BE  . I'm askt that question and of course I'll get smacked/attacked. Bring it on!  :(
      October 3, 2017 2:47 AM MDT

Loose. 
      October 2, 2017 5:08 PM MDT