Active Now

Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If people rant/rave and folks tune them out do they make a sound? Do rant/ravers seek attention/approbation or regurgitation?

If people rant/rave and folks tune them out do they make a sound? Do rant/ravers seek attention/approbation or regurgitation?

OF COURSE this is a knockoff of that old saw

"If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it does it make a sound?" So sue me! :)

Posted - October 3, 2017

Responses

They make a sound but it tends to be an irritating backing noise.  What I've learnt is "less is more," if you can say something with simplicity and clarity people tend to listen, people tend to tune out to long diatribes.  It's also a matter of negative v positive, people are lifted up by positivity, where as people by rule are drained by negativity, well except for those that like misery as company, it's all about balance.

October 3, 2017 11:38 AM MDT

People will eat up every word of a lengthy diatribe if they agree and will tune out anything with which they dis no matter the length of it. Sadly. In my opinion of course. Thank you for your reply kj and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 4, 2017 4:02 AM MDT