Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Far right-wing Christians are also-rans. Latecomers. What did THEIR ancestors worship Sungods? They think they OWN the religion. WHY?

Far right-wing Christians are also-rans. Latecomers. What did THEIR ancestors worship Sungods? They think they OWN the religion. WHY?

Posted - October 7, 2017

Responses

• Is there such a thing as a far-right Christian? Some perhaps. So should a Christian be right wing? I would answer an emphatic NO! But at the same time the Christian should not be left wing either. Instead the Christian should be right in the center, championing those causes that fulfill the great commandment, while firmly standing against those that violate His laws. A huge dose of common sense helps greatly also but sadly lacking in many people.
      October 7, 2017 12:31 PM MDT

'A huge dose of common sense helps greatly also but sadly lacking in many people' who believe in things like a man turning water into wine, walking on water, doing miraculous healing, raising the dead, feeding multitudes with a few fish and some bread and as a grand finale, dies, visits hell, comes back to life, causes the local dead to rise and go on walkabout and they believe this without one shred of evidence, yes you are right a lot of people have lost the most important sense of all.
      October 8, 2017 4:43 AM MDT

•  As usual RosieG has again "politicized"(and that's what this is all about) religion per her "far right-wing" Christian comment. However you simply proved true, my no common sense comment by buying into her mind-set and ploy. 
      October 8, 2017 9:30 AM MDT

Oh I clearly see Rosie's 'ploy' as you put it but I see it, as 'two birds with one stone'. I note that you made no comment on the lack of common sense within the religious group that Rosie spoke of.
      October 8, 2017 2:10 PM MDT

:):):)
      October 10, 2017 4:24 AM MDT

Are you a Christian?
      October 7, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

My ancestors are Christians as far back as I have records. 

What is your point?  Yes,  I own my Christianity.  
      October 7, 2017 3:36 PM MDT

• my2cents, Rosie's point is to politicize then eviscerate anyone and and anything that disagrees with her liberal thinking.

October 8, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

I believe that you misused the word "thinking". Perhaps "parroting" would be more appropriate? This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at October 8, 2017 4:47 PM MDT
      October 8, 2017 3:16 PM MDT

•  The word "thinking" was a definite slip of the key board. I stand corrected. 
      October 8, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

Q "Far right-wing Christians are also-rans. Latecomers. What did THEIR ancestors worship Sungods? They think they OWN the religion. WHY?"

1. I'm not supporting intolerance, bigotry, racial, religious or other, or injustice. I'm opposed to them. 

2. However, if an "also-ran" in a religion is someone who recently converted to the religion then surely that's not necessarily a mindless thing. It's a sign of open mindedness.

3. If someone holds on to a method, idea or religion simply and purely because they're upholding a very long tradition in the family then that could be mindless. 
      October 9, 2017 2:01 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply CLURT and Happy Tuesday.
      October 10, 2017 4:24 AM MDT