Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Language » "Frenemy". Friendly enemy? Do you have any? Why?

"Frenemy". Friendly enemy? Do you have any? Why?

Posted - October 8, 2017

Responses

When I was in business, I had lots of 'frenemies'.  I had what they needed, but they didn't want to buy from me. I was more of a 'nerd-type' and they wanted to give their money to someone 'cool'. They didn't want to tell their friends that they did business with that eccentric guy down in the ghetto. 
      October 8, 2017 7:43 AM MDT

That confuses me bh. I think I don't really grasp the concept. You're either friendly or you're not. Pretending friendly when you aren't isn't my cuppa tea. I'm not good at being a phony which is what people like that are. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday.
      October 9, 2017 2:32 AM MDT

Everybody does. There's lots of two-faced people out there who are nice to your face, and then talk crap about you behind your back. It must be natural behavior because we were doing that kind of thing from an early age from our school years. This post was edited by righty1 at October 9, 2017 2:25 AM MDT
      October 8, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

I agree they exist righty. But such a person isn't remotely friendly. I guess I don't really understand the word. I avoid folks like that. I don't talk about them behind their backs. Anything I have to say I say out loud to them. But since I don't waste my time once I figure out who someone is I either stick around or avoid. I've always been a loner. Never belonged to cabals or cliques or groups or gangs so I was not among the ones you describe when you say "everybody does". Not me. I don't does. I say it to your face or I avoid you. Simple and easy and I think it is the right thing to do. Don't you? Anything else is cowardly in my opinion.Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday.  .
      October 9, 2017 2:30 AM MDT

no, i dont have that
      October 8, 2017 5:56 PM MDT