Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What is the mental age of the God you believe in ?

What is the mental age of the God you believe in ?

eg: Christian JHVH - A child. rash and impulsive he frequently do things he regret later.

Eg: Christian Jehowa - A Mature adult, Loving and forgiving towards the Mankind he has created.

Eg; Christian Lord of Lords - An old Codger, partially senile so he have trouble remembering commandments he has given, and frequewntly gives new ones that are in conflict with what he has said before.

Posted - October 11, 2017

Responses

Not sure on mental age but mental health is definitely in question.
      October 11, 2017 4:21 AM MDT

Image result for gifs of colbert
      October 11, 2017 4:29 AM MDT

Sorry everyone. I was just testing if this Gif of colbert worked for my question. 
      October 11, 2017 4:31 AM MDT

Two and a half.
      October 11, 2017 4:34 AM MDT

• First, the name/word JHVH doesn't exist in the Bible.However, YHWH, does. Second, the name Jehowa is not found in the Hebrew Scripture. Neither is Jehovah because the letter "J" didn't exist in the Hebrew language. It's an English letter inserted by scribes many years later. Third, Lord of Lords and King of Kings is found in Revelation 19:16   "And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

This verse is describing the Lord Iesous Christos at His Second Coming. It is "not" describing GOD but rather GOD's Son.  Now, with all of that being said, in Psalm 90:2 it says the following...  "Before the mountains were born, Or You gave birth to the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God."

In light of that, GOD's mental age is eternal, from everlasting to everlasting.  Also, you are using terms like rash, child, codger, senile, impulsive, that are ascribed to humans. Something that most humans tend to do either unknowingly or knowingly in a mocking manner. The thing is though, GOD is not human. So human thinking and actions do not apply to GOD.

Isaiah 55:8-9  "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. 9. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts." This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 12, 2017 11:26 PM MDT
      October 12, 2017 11:22 PM MDT

Lord of Lords, King of Kings and Lord of the Rings can all be filed under fiction.
      October 12, 2017 11:48 PM MDT

Fiction in the atheist section but religion/non-fiction in the theist section This post was edited by Kittigate at October 13, 2017 1:17 AM MDT
      October 13, 2017 1:09 AM MDT

True Kitti, when you consider what theists take as non fiction, they probably think that Lord of the Rings is factual.
      October 13, 2017 2:24 AM MDT

That's how it is when the BA degree is achieved: Believe Anything. 
      October 13, 2017 6:05 AM MDT

When he first began creating he sounds like a four year old ie. "Let there be light" etc (knows nothing about science yet) but doesn't seem to mentally grown much beyond about a 13 year old or so. This post was edited by Kittigate at October 13, 2017 6:27 AM MDT
      October 13, 2017 6:12 AM MDT

Q "What is the mental age of the God you believe in ?"

1. Man has many characteristics that define him. These include the number and size of limbs, hearing, sight, ability to stand erect, walk, run, perform feats of strength, memorize data, analyse, data, recall data, communicate and many, many more.

2. Man’s chronological age goes only in one direction with time, it increases and peaks or stops soon after 100. Some characteristics, like the number of limbs, don’t change at all with time, others, like hearing, strength and stamina, mental agility and wisdom, start by growing with chronological age, peak and then start declining all at different ages. That is why silicone valley prefers people of certain age, sports has people of another age, certain countries bar someone from becoming president until they reach a specified age [I think 35 in the USA] and those seeking counselling and advice will usually only go to people above their age.

3. It follows from the last statement above that the God you believe in, as a minimum, needs to be above your age. That is, His advice and guidance, as given in "word-of-God" scriptures, must be consistent with that coming from someone above your age, otherwise you’re not likely to accept it. :) :) :)
      October 15, 2017 3:55 AM MDT