Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Communication » An unidentified talking head said "American Democracy is at risk". From what or whom I don't know. Do you?

An unidentified talking head said "American Democracy is at risk". From what or whom I don't know. Do you?

Posted - October 13, 2017

Responses

Well, yes, but people don't want to think about it. It makes their head hurt. The country is now in the 46th year since Nixon abolished gold backing for the USD. Every use of unbacked paper currency in history has led to a crash within forty years, but the Federal Reserve is trying to paper over the collapse by printing counterfeit money like a madwoman with a cookie cutter. Financial gurus have been warning about the crash for forty six years, and the only update is that the verbs are now in present tense instead of future tense.

At the same time, the country has been showing signs of impending cultural collapse since shortly after WW2. That is why you keep hearing about the incredibly stupid border wall. That is why you keep hearing about incredibly offensive art installations. That is why you keep hearing cliches about making America Great again.

The thing about a collapse is it is not apparent until some random thing triggers it, and then, as we like to say, "the wheels fall off."

BTW you can get news about the financial part at https://www.gold-eagle.com This post was edited by Not Sure at October 13, 2017 6:52 AM MDT
      October 13, 2017 6:50 AM MDT

• The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. American Democracy is always in jeopardy. It is not a fixed law of nature that liberties will always be in place for people to enjoy. The American experiment has been under assault for more than two centuries. It will always be that way. Our response in protecting it will be in correlation to how much we value it.
      October 13, 2017 2:04 PM MDT

America never had any democracy to begin with. The Electoral College was designed by a man called Gerry Mander, "one vote one value" is a belly laugh.
      October 13, 2017 5:47 PM MDT

The United States has never had a democracy, by design. The other name for democracy is anarchy. We're a Representative Republic.

"The Electoral College College was designed by a man called Gerry Mander" ? Oh, please. That's just stupid.  

You obviously know nothing about the EC or why it was implemented, or of the governmental history of the US so stop pretending that you do. This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at October 14, 2017 7:39 AM MDT
      October 13, 2017 6:44 PM MDT

In 1812 Massachusetts Governor E. Gerry's party redistricted the state to give his party a majority in many voting districts while concentrating the voting strength of the opposition party to as few districts as possible. In other words they CHEATED!. The "Mander" comes from salamander which is what the reconfigured state resembled. A slithery slimey creepy critter. Why it is allowed I have no idea. I guess cheating to win is something innate in  humans and they will do it quietly, silently or in front of everybody with a megaphone, spotlights and marching bands. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Sbf and Happy Saturday! : This post was edited by RosieG at October 14, 2017 2:28 AM MDT
      October 14, 2017 2:26 AM MDT

"Why it is allowed I have no idea."

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

"Delivered unto me," get it? Satan is the god of earthly authority. And of course you know Satan is the father of lies.
      October 14, 2017 6:01 AM MDT

It's certainly good to see that you think that the gerrymandering in California that allows the Democrats to continue to hold power there is actually "cheating". So maybe you could get your State to set an example by changing the system to something a little less like "cheating". Or isn't it "cheating" when it's the political party that you most agree with that does it?

And what effect do you think gerrymandering has on Presidential elections? Only in two States does the Electoral College follow Congressional Districts: Maine and Nebraska. That's a total of all of 5 delegates to the College. In every other State they're picked statewide with "winner takes all". 
      October 14, 2017 2:13 PM MDT