Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Have you ever stayed in a hotel which was reputed to be haunted?

Have you ever stayed in a hotel which was reputed to be haunted?

A work colleague recently did without knowing it, and he had a terrifying experience. We got goose pimples hearing about it. 

Posted - October 13, 2017

Responses

No, I have not. A friend of mine years ago told me of one such hotel located in Mexico (I can't remember which part of Mexico; it may have been in the capital city).  Apparently, it was a well-known place to people who enjoy that type of thing. 

~

October 13, 2017 8:09 PM MDT

You would t have a ghost of a chance of getting me to sleep in a place like that......if you decided to sleep in one I'd be there with you in Spirit only.... :)D
      October 13, 2017 8:36 PM MDT

October 14, 2017 5:39 AM MDT

I was expecting someting more original comming from yew.....just how often can one use the same material...

At least with me ,I put effort and hidden meanings in my very cute retorts from this Sort with Hat'he'chewed ....hehe

Randy beware.... Your days of plagiarism are oooooo'ver........hehe.... I'm going to give you a like for my green ribbon still though......:)D 
      October 14, 2017 3:55 PM MDT

I can't help it...,,it's just what I see and do....lol
      October 14, 2017 3:56 PM MDT

• Ha ha! Nice play on words. 
      October 14, 2017 1:55 PM MDT

i can't help it....it's just what I se and do....lol
      October 14, 2017 4:05 PM MDT

I've talked about it here before, but probably the most notable one was the "Jerome Grand" in Jerome, Arizona. We stayed there before my youngest was born, when my daughter was about two. We had lots of experiences there, but the most obscure was on our ghost tour- no joke. I intentionally separated from the pack because my daughter was a distraction and was prone to lollygagging. I tried to listen in and catch the history bits about the space, but other than that, we mostly just wandered on our own.

At one point, our guide gave everyone a warning that we'd be headed up to the next floor soon, so I started my daughter up the stairs and we progressed down the hall from there. She and I were chatting... nothing abnormal... normal toddler talks... until we arrived at the end of the hall. At that point, my daughter made some kind of remark about a baby crying, and I listened and heard it coming from a door in front of us. I felt bad that we woke someone's baby, so I hurried my daughter away from that end of the hall and we met up with the group as they reached the top of the stairs. 

The tour guide gave his spiel about that section of the hotel, and started popping open doors to vacant rooms as he went. Back in the days when Jerome had been a booming mining town, The Jerome Grand was actually a hospital, and we were standing in the area that had been the maternity wing. No sooner than he explained this, the guide arrived at the door where we'd heard the baby and opened the door. My daughter bounded in, excited to look for the baby. The room was empty. 

I mentioned to the guide that we'd heard noises from in the room, and he said, "Not this room. Nobody is staying in it." So, I clarified that we had heard a baby somewhere, and I apologized because I was certain we'd woken it up. He looked at me like I was nuts, and said, "Ma'am, your kids are the only kids staying in this hotel right now." I went so far as to push, perhaps someone had a guest with a baby or something. Nope. They were certain my kids were the only kids who had been in the hotel all weekend. But, I know what I heard, and my daughter heard it too. There was a baby there, but sadly, I think it was a permanent guest.

October 13, 2017 10:36 PM MDT

(Or a speaker/amplifier/public address system, Rube.)
    ~
      October 14, 2017 5:41 AM MDT

• Creepy, to say the least, JA.
      October 14, 2017 10:38 PM MDT

I wonder what kind of rate it gets as a permanent guest?
      October 14, 2017 2:26 AM MDT