Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » What's the largest ship you have ever been on?

What's the largest ship you have ever been on?

~

Posted - October 14, 2017

Responses

My family loves cruises but I just cannot do it.  
      October 15, 2017 2:04 AM MDT

It’s intense and I admit to being cruised out on the larger ships which just keep getting larger which obviously means more people in your face every single day. But unfortunately not enough places to hide and find solitude. 

I really did enjoy Alaska on Princess Cruises however. Not as crowded and the itinerary isn’t nearly as alluring to kids/teens so there’s less of that to contend with. You can also do a portion of the trip on land and Alaska really is a beautiful place to explore. 

They also have barge cruises in Europe (cruising rivers like the Rhine) which look really lovely. Several friends who know about my being cruised out have recommended them highly. Again, not your average cruise ship experience.  
      October 15, 2017 2:39 AM MDT

My brother is talking up a European river cruise that is an eight day experience.  I will probably be OK doing this because you can always see land.  That is a big thing for me.
      October 15, 2017 3:20 PM MDT

• I've been on a European cruise ship in the Mediterranean, as well as the haunted Queen Mary in Long Beach. 
      October 15, 2017 3:05 AM MDT

I have never been on a vessel large enough to be called a ship.
      October 15, 2017 6:11 AM MDT

an oiler
    the USS Cacapon AO 52
    I think that is what it was called
    been awhile ago
      October 15, 2017 7:48 AM MDT

• An old ship named the Patris, that brought my family and I to Australia from Greece in 1970.
      February 18, 2018 6:18 PM MST

Friendship

:)
    I bet you knew someone would answer with this type of ship.
    :)
      February 18, 2018 6:30 PM MST