Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you paid close attention to General Kelly's speech he rebuked Trump indirectly. Is Trump aware of that?

If you paid close attention to General Kelly's speech he rebuked Trump indirectly. Is Trump aware of that?

Among the subjects General Kelly brought up in his speech was how women used to be sacred and they no longer are treated with respect. He brought up Gold Star families and their sacrifice. His family is one since he lost a son. He also said that selfless service to this country is no longer required.

Trump has a reputation of treating women disrespectfully (Access Hollywood tape shows that)
Trump attacked a Gold Star family repeatedly during his campaign
Trump has not served this country in any capacity and he certainly isn't selfless

Whether General Kelly gets away with it without someone calling Trump's attention to it I don't know. It may take awhile for Trump to figure it out. We shall see.

Posted - October 20, 2017

Responses

Wow, it sure appears that you thrive on animosity between folks. Just observing, that's all. 
    __
      October 20, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

Wow, it sure appears YOU thrive on animosity as well. Just observing, that's all. 
      October 21, 2017 9:18 PM MDT

I guess this is in reply to another respondent PC. Thank you for your reply and Happy  Sunday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 22, 2017 2:33 PM MDT
      October 22, 2017 1:35 AM MDT

Yes, you're correct. You're the last person I would accuse of that. I think it's pretty apparent that I'm a fan of yours.  :). I hope you're having a wonderful day as well. 

Also, as an added note, I admire the fact that you don't engage with the people that respond to you in that manner. I, however, don't exercise that level of control. Lol. 
      October 22, 2017 2:33 PM MDT

I used to engage with them long ago until I realized they were there only showing up to exacerbate/irritate/promulgate hostility/animosity. They had zero interest in communicating or engaging with civility. They engage in personal attacks. I do not tolerate that. So now I just avoid them. I don't read what they post. That way whatever they say is fine with me since I am not privy to any of it! Ya gotta protect yourself PC! Avoidance is a good way to do so as you get older. They wanna play games. I don't. I'm in total control of how and with whom I invest my time. I want the best  ROI. I'm very selective! Thank you for the kind words m'dear and right backatacha. I'm a fan of yours as well! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      October 25, 2017 5:41 AM MDT

I agree that they have engage in personal attacks. I noticed a temporary cease fire, courtesy of JA.  Unfortunately,  I've also noticed it seems to be starting up again.  I'm glad to see you have a strong constitution and that you don't allow the attackers to shake your spirit.

I only wish I was as well versed in politics as you are, because it would allow me to participate more in your discussions.  

October 25, 2017 5:25 PM MDT

I have never before been so engaged in politics PC. But once President Obama was elected I was hooked in and hooked up. While he wasn't perfect and did disappoint me at times I was very proud of him and proud that he represented my country. His family I loved. Michelle is such a splendid woman and of course the children are discovering whom they are and will come into their own one day. That was a good time. Those were the most recent "good old days". Then 2016 happened and now it is all-consuming obsession. I am still in shock that such a person was a candidate let alone got elected prez. Every day more awful unfolds. Lies abound. Coverups and deniers and accusers and hate and vilification and petty attacks and ego- stomping vitriol. Yet despite all that people defend him and protect him and support him and will NEVER criticize anything he says or does no matter how evil. It is an astounding/astonishing/shocking thing to witness and absorb. Yet there it is. All things must come to an end and he will come to his end too.  When I don't know or how. What I fear is how much damage he can do while he is still a viable powerful "leader". I have a very good imagination PC but in my wildest moments I could never have come up with a scenario such as this. Thank you for your kind words m'dear and Happy Thursday. I'd much rather go back to being the person I was  during President Obama's time. I didn't wake up every morning wondering if we were at war. I wasn't embarrassed at what he said or did. I didn't worry that he would go one step too far or say one word too much and all he** would break loose. That The maniacal egotistical ignorant Donald John is still wielding power after so many months of degradation of and humiliation to the United States is unfathomable.  SIGH. :(
      October 26, 2017 1:54 AM MDT