Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » History » If you decided it's time to make the WORLD great again what period in time would you compare to when the world WAS great?

If you decided it's time to make the WORLD great again what period in time would you compare to when the world WAS great?

Posted - October 20, 2017

Responses

About 12,000 years ago, two million people lived in the Indus valley with no war. They had no preparation at all for defense. They spent their days painting pots, playing flutes, and tending gardens. One day they all got up and went away, and the world has had continuous war ever since.
      October 20, 2017 9:31 AM MDT

If you want to make the world "grate" again then ban shredded cheese.  
      October 20, 2017 9:38 AM MDT

I'm no historical scholar, but I don't believe there was a time since we declared out independence from England that there was peace everywhere in the world.  I would be willing to bet that throughout history, from biblical times forward, there has been some sort of distress in one place or another.
      October 20, 2017 4:20 PM MDT

Except for the time in the garden of Eden, there has never been a time in world history when the entire planet has been at peace. At any given time there has been turmoil in one part of the world or other. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at December 6, 2017 10:25 PM MST
      November 9, 2017 11:01 PM MST