Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Since religion is legal why can't drugs be legal?

Since religion is legal why can't drugs be legal?

They both can make you crazy and take a lot of your money 

Posted - October 22, 2017

Responses

Tangerines
      October 22, 2017 3:09 AM MDT

Tanner  jeans
      October 22, 2017 7:41 AM MDT

Religion is supposed to be a positive moral force and help make people responsible to one another. Therefore creating larger societal bonds.  Whereas drugs just make us disappear more and more into ourselves. 
      October 22, 2017 7:51 AM MDT

Legal prescription drugs can help people as well as legitimate religion having competent leadership. 

Good stuff can just become twisted up to do bad when the wrong people latch onto it.
      October 22, 2017 8:57 AM MDT

Well I would not advise anyone to take drugs "legal" or otherwise. As far as religion not just the "leadership" but mostly the believers themselves.  I don't conceive of religion as following persons or people but God. People can and often use religion to justify all kinds of things mostly their own selfishness. 
      October 22, 2017 9:06 AM MDT

I think pain relief is a major reason people are prescribed drugs -I wonder why plants, insects and reptiles 'knoe' how and have glands or organs to produce painful toxic substance for its victims   but we have no facilities in our bodies  that could produce substance to give significant relief for extreme chronic pain when ya'd think that could happen. 
    Nature is funny.
      October 22, 2017 9:46 AM MDT

probably cause drugs can make you more crazy than religion does
      October 22, 2017 3:53 PM MDT

• Too much in profit having the industrial-prison complex it creates and too many votes won scapegoating them.
      October 22, 2017 6:14 PM MDT