Discussion » Questions » answerMug » What is the point of that irritating banner hanging down saying Ask a question and the other Make a statement? It is in the way and serves no purpose at ALL.???

What is the point of that irritating banner hanging down saying Ask a question and the other Make a statement? It is in the way and serves no purpose at ALL.???

I have to constantly scroll down to get that out of the view of what I am typing.  I hate that thing. 

Posted - June 25, 2016

Responses

It serves no purpose? Umm... most people use them to ask questions or make statements. They tend to scale themselves to the size of your screen as well. I've never had an issue with them whether I'm on my laptop, tablet, or phone. 

If you want to take a screen shot to show me why they're a problem, it might help me understand better, but just so you know, the revamped site doesn't have them.

June 25, 2016 10:08 PM MDT

I think what she's talking about may be more apparent when using the desktop view on mobile (which is necessary to access your inbox & some other functions).

In that mode the top banner is a huge block, and in fact most other page scaling is difficult.
      June 26, 2016 12:03 AM MDT

I agree.  They are in the way......and I'm on a laptop; I bet they really are in the way on a small screen. 

June 26, 2016 6:09 PM MDT

not sure why but i havent noticed it till you mentioned it

June 26, 2016 8:34 PM MDT

I use my phone in desktop mode. They are not a problem for me. I just resize my screen and move it so they are above where I am typing. It does work better using the screen vertical.
      June 29, 2016 6:09 AM MDT