Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Communication » If everyone everywhere attacked you for everything you said/did would you keep saying/doing it anyway or stifle it? Because?

If everyone everywhere attacked you for everything you said/did would you keep saying/doing it anyway or stifle it? Because?

Posted - October 29, 2017

Responses

I would keep doing the same Rosie.......I'm not perfect , but I don't think I'm that far out of kilter with my views on everyday things........
      October 29, 2017 6:08 AM MDT

Unless you are desperate to win a popularity contest (in which case you always tell folks what they want to hear) I think the best thing you can ever be is the honest version of yourself. I expect we all have a dishonest version available. Thank you for your reply NJ! :)
      October 29, 2017 6:40 AM MDT

When I was a teen, I stood out rather vocally against drugs and alcohol use. I was physically attacked by a drug enthusiast who called me a 'narc'. I watched my father fail from drinking. He liked whiskey, and it killed him in the end. Most of the drug users from my high school days are long gone from the type of lifestyle that their drug use brought them.  
      October 29, 2017 6:20 AM MDT

You were physically attacked just for saying what you were thinking bh? Was the person who did it high on drugs/alcohol at the time perchance?  Condolences about your dad. Hopefully he wasn't an abusive drunk. Thank you for sharing your personal experience. Glad that is all long ago and far away in your past. Happy Sunday! :)
      October 29, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

An older man (hippy-type) in his 30s,  heard me complain about drugs. Perhaps he was the local narcotics distributor. Maybe he instructed the attacker to rough me up? My attacker musta been under the influence of something.
      October 29, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

i might stifle it since i dont like being attacked
      October 29, 2017 3:46 PM MDT