Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » In your opinion the most effective lubricant in society to ensure success is fear/kindness/honesty or something else? What something else? ?

In your opinion the most effective lubricant in society to ensure success is fear/kindness/honesty or something else? What something else? ?

Posted - October 29, 2017

Responses

Integrity, education, experience, determination, but mostly integrity.
      October 29, 2017 7:09 AM MDT

I couldn't disagree more. If that were true The Donald John wouldn't be prez bh. Today's world wants WINNERS. They don't care how a person wins..just that he does. So we disagree on this one. In the long ago that would have been true. Today many people look down on educated folks as if it makes them inferior. They don't mind liars or deniers or cheaters or attackers. Sadly. Thank you for your reply bh! :)
      October 30, 2017 6:04 AM MDT

I would disagree Rosie w/ your assumptions. Trump has won a lot in life but has lost plenty of times.  And certainly as a candidate he was a long shot and you know originally I answered one of your questions a few years ago by saying I didn't think people would take him seriously as a candidate. I was wrong, and I think the reason people did is because he upholds the right of us as individuals to be ourselves and rise and fall by our own efforts rather than being all herded together and re-educated.  People have ALWAYS liked winners and has nothing to do with education.  There are many different types of educations out there remember. 
      October 30, 2017 6:46 AM MDT

True. Many people do like winners and they are not particular about how the win is achieved.I am not a fan of those who cheat/lie to win. I am a huge UNFAN. So The Donald John disgusts me totally. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply officegirl. This post was edited by RosieG at October 31, 2017 4:00 AM MDT
      October 31, 2017 4:00 AM MDT

Haha that sounds like a very potent cocktail.  No I would say hard work and taking responsibility and not taking yourself all too seriously. 
      October 29, 2017 7:17 AM MDT

Long ago and far away in the land of yesterday I would have agreed with you officegirl. Not today. There are zillions of hardworking responsible folks who have a sense of humor about themselves and life who are always living paycheck to paycheck because of calamities that befall them. Today you need a lot more than the values of yesterday. Society is far too jaded. It  doesn't admire honesty. It admires WINNERS and how  they win doesn't matter at all. That's our today world and I see it getting worse daily. Sadly. So we disagree. No worries. We have before and we will again. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 30, 2017 6:02 AM MDT

But don't forget I grew up in the "land of yesterday" and it was far more honest as well as practical and people minded their own business. Now everyone purports to be an expert on everything and everyone has come to feel somehow that they are owed a living and it is their "right" to have this and that rather than their privilege. 
      October 30, 2017 6:49 AM MDT

Once again I respectfully disagree with thee. You say "everyone purports to be an expert on everything ". That is not true. Politicians will never admit they don't know or that they are wrong.  Politicians aren't "everyone". As far as being "owed" a living and folks feel it is their "right" rather than a privilege? Who is it that talked about JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS? The Donald John. He PROMISED to bring back jobs. Now why would he do that if he didn't think it was a "right" not a privilege? So we view the situation very differently. So what? Right? Thank you for your reply officegirl and Happy Tuesday! :)
      October 31, 2017 3:55 AM MDT

• "What something else" in my opinion is common sense and integrity. Two attributes, which unfortunately, are sadly lacking in today's society. One should also include in that "what something else" is for the individual to begin to take responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming everyone else for their poor choices in life. One more I'll add here is, for certain people to stop with the incessant political correctness which they try to force on everyone else. Obviously there are other "What something else's" but those three came to mind right off the bat. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 29, 2017 9:56 AM MDT
      October 29, 2017 9:54 AM MDT

probably what you just described
      October 29, 2017 3:44 PM MDT