Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I know. Stereotyping sucks big time, right? However there ARE some traits that are considered to be feminine and some masculline. Right?

I know. Stereotyping sucks big time, right? However there ARE some traits that are considered to be feminine and some masculline. Right?

Are all stereotypes wrong or do some of them fit? Stereotyping is simply shorthand. Maybe way back when in the olden days the stereotypes were better fits. Whatacha think? Which stereotypes do you adore and which do you abhor?

Posted - October 30, 2017

Responses

Depression era man's kitchen:

Depression era woman's kitchen:

Only a woman would hang NEWSPAPER CURTAINS!
      October 30, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

• I have only one keyboard so I can't type in stereo.
      October 30, 2017 1:15 PM MDT

right
      October 30, 2017 4:52 PM MDT

I think how a girl/ boy is raised and what typed of environment they grow up in helps in developing their personality traits. Sometimes parents raise their children using gender 
    stereotypes. Other adults do not fall into these stereotypes. There are a lot of variables
    that are involved when gender role/personality traits are forming/developing.

October 30, 2017 8:53 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful answer ally and the nifty graphics. Of course you're right. It has a lot to do with how they're raised. If sons are raised to respect women they are more apt to do so as adults than if dad berates mom and puts her down all the time. Parents are the first role models/teachers and children are very impressionable. As they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Happy Tuesday m'dear! :)
      October 31, 2017 2:25 AM MDT