Active Now

Element 99
Zack
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » A.I. has come a long way baby. A software program exists that can predict with 91% accuracy if someone is suicidal. Scary or wonderful?

A.I. has come a long way baby. A software program exists that can predict with 91% accuracy if someone is suicidal. Scary or wonderful?

Marcel Just, a Carnegie Mellon Psychology Professor and Director of the Center for Cognitive Brain Imagery,  is the inventor/creator. He has spent most of the last decade "teaching" computer programs how to identify thoughts. He found that each emotion has a specific signature in the brain( as ascertained with the use of MRI technology) and "trained" a piece of software to follow the patterns and recognized about 30 concepts and emotions. He created AI than can read thoughts. He and some colleagues published a paper recently in the journal NATURE. Will such machines replace psychiatrists? Are humans becoming extinct as doers while machines take over all doing?

Posted - November 1, 2017

Responses

i think its kind of weird cause i dont think anyone can predict that
      November 1, 2017 4:52 PM MDT

I just knew that Miss Cleo would eventually find work. Sounds like a load of horse manure to me.

So just how did this clown test this BIGLY advance in "technology"? 
      November 1, 2017 5:10 PM MDT