Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What did you discover about yourself for the first time in the past week?

What did you discover about yourself for the first time in the past week?

As for me, I'm too trusting, even foolishly so.

Posted - November 1, 2017

Responses

• I learned that i have much more control over my temper now than I did a couple years ago. I still have a temper,  but It's a bit more contrôlled :) 
      November 1, 2017 4:45 PM MDT

nothing lately
      November 1, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

My husband died last Halloween. I found out yesterday, on this Halloween, Im quite a trooper.
      November 1, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

• Do you mean "trouper"? 
      November 1, 2017 7:26 PM MDT

No.  In American English a trouper is one who is part of a troupe, or a group of some sort.

troop·er (tro͞o′pər)
    n.
    a. A member of a unit of cavalry.
    b. A cavalry horse.
    a. A mounted police officer.
    b. A state police officer.
    3. also trouper A reliable, uncomplaining, often hard-working person.
      November 1, 2017 10:37 PM MDT

Why are you too trusting?  What is there that keeps happening that you cannot control?  Why do you take that leap of faith and regret it?  

Or are you just saying this because you feel someone let you down?   Does it really happen all the time?  If it does, you need to write it down and read it and write down every time it happens and soon you will have a reminder NOT TO DO THAT.

In the past week I am reminded that if I think positively, I wind up with much better results than if I think the worst.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 1, 2017 11:42 PM MDT
      November 1, 2017 10:34 PM MDT

I noticed that "I've still got it".  Wink, wink.

((((Wait, that doesn't count, because I already knew that.  Never mind.))))
      ~

November 1, 2017 11:46 PM MDT