Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » IF there is going to be a judgment day the evil will pay for their bad deeds for eternity. It won't be pretty. Why should it be?

IF there is going to be a judgment day the evil will pay for their bad deeds for eternity. It won't be pretty. Why should it be?

Posted - November 4, 2017

Responses

it shouldnt be
      November 4, 2017 4:44 PM MDT

They will have no one else to blame but themselves. They have been warned, yet they refuse to listen. Jehovah God has shown extraordinary patience. (2 Peter 3:9)
      November 7, 2017 11:51 PM MST

I've always wondered WHY liars think they can get away with it and no one will notice? That means they are pretty stupid doesn't it? I think they think they are way beyond clever and no one will notice. They don't realize they cannot ever outrun whom they are or what they've done.  There is a question in there somewhere that I'm gonna ask next. Yet they keep doing it. Insane? Idiotic? Crazy? I dunno Autumn but I am constantly amazed at the length to which liars/cheaters go. They keep pushing the envelope to see what they can get away with. The alarming thing is that some bystanders cheer them on..even elected one prez! Go figger! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      November 8, 2017 3:35 AM MST

Q "IF there is going to be a judgment day the evil will pay for their bad deeds for eternity. It won't be pretty. Why should it be?"

1. For as long as there is that big IF about judgment day, humanity will never taste the wonderful fruit of treating judgment day as a reality.

2. Imagine that every human being lived a life regarding judgement day as a reality when EVERY deed WILL be judged by the real innermost intention that motivated it and be punished or rewarded accordingly. We would then have societies where there would be no lying, no cheating, indeed no evil and no corruption. In such societies there would of course hardly be any need for costly judicial, penal and law enforcement systems and structures. An ideal, utopian society.

3. Unfortunately we human beings cannot live our lives regarding judgement day as a reality, so we have to substitute our own earthly judgement and reward and punishment systems to try and eliminate evil. However, the problem with man made systems of stemming evil is that there are man made ways of getting around them.
      November 17, 2017 4:55 PM MST