Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Should someone lose their job over this?

Should someone lose their job over this?

Posted - November 6, 2017

Responses

Your picture is not showing.
    So I don't know. 
      November 6, 2017 2:34 PM MST

This is not a problem but that's a different matter ....my problem is with now.....but then who will be accountable ....now this will really be responsible.....

i could uld go on for ages......but to be quiet Frank id rather be a noisy  Parker....:)D
      November 6, 2017 2:36 PM MST

Sorry Jugs but no idea what you are talking about, are you sure you are on the right page?
      November 6, 2017 2:56 PM MST

Nobody ever does...That's why we all love her.
      November 6, 2017 4:10 PM MST

You need to read it slowly while thinking about what you first asked...it's all bit deep ....but it all makes sense....
      November 6, 2017 4:32 PM MST

Easy for you to say.
      November 6, 2017 4:11 PM MST

Nothing's easy what I think of.....let alone know what I mean.....
    personally I'd blame the drink.....and even more so if I knew where hid the bottle.....:)D
      November 6, 2017 4:35 PM MST

you need to explain it more so we can answer the question better
      November 6, 2017 2:39 PM MST

Sorry folks, slight technical hitch, I did not realise that the picture did not appear.
      November 6, 2017 2:54 PM MST

The photo you posted does not show, but I'm guessing it's the one of the woman on the bicycle riding alongside Trump's motorcade and she's flipping him the bird.  No, I don't think she should have lost her job over it as long as she was expressing herself on her time and not the boss'.
      November 6, 2017 2:55 PM MST

Amazing sense of deduction there Sherlock, yes that was the pic that should have shown and I agree with you, it had nothing to do with her employers.
      November 6, 2017 3:35 PM MST

I have a crystal ball.
      November 6, 2017 6:25 PM MST

No, she should have not lost her job.
    She caused no harm to him or his car. She was just expressing herself which I thought we were still free to do.
      November 6, 2017 3:12 PM MST

Agreed 
      November 6, 2017 3:48 PM MST

She violated company policy. So the company had every right to fire her.

Here is the policy:
    Covered Social Media Activity that contains discriminatory, obscene malicious or threatening content, is knowingly false, create [sic] a hostile work environment, or similar inappropriate or unlawful conduct will not be tolerated and will be subject to discipline up to an [sic] including termination of employment."
      November 6, 2017 3:33 PM MST

The policy relates to social media activity.  She was riding a bicycle.  How could she have taken a selfie from the back?
      November 6, 2017 6:27 PM MST

She posted it on HER social media after a friend recognized her and asked on social media if it was her. She said yes and THEN made the picture her PROFILE picture. So yes she violated the company's social media policy.
      November 6, 2017 9:22 PM MST

"The picture, snapped by a White House photographer traveling with the president as he left his golf course in Sterling, Va., went viral almost immediately. News outlets picked up the story when it appeared in a White House pool report. Late-night talk show hosts told jokes about the encounter and people on social media began hailing the unidentified woman as a “she-ro,” using the hashtag #Her2020."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-fired-flipping-off-donald-092121275.html

The photo was not originally posted by her. 

XXX
      November 6, 2017 9:35 PM MST

Does not matter that she did not make the original post. She admitted social media that it was her and posted on her profile. 

A few of her friends thought they recognized her, tagged her on the photo and asked.

"I said, 'Yeah, that's me. Isn't it funny?' " she said. Ha ha. And she posted it as her Facebook cover photo and her Twitter profile picture, so now her 24 Twitter followers could guess that it was her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/she-flipped-off-president-trump--and-got-fired-from-her-government-contracting-job/2017/11/06/4cf1af9a-c2da-11e7-84bc-5e285c7f4512_story.html

November 6, 2017 9:45 PM MST

discriminatory NO
    obscene          NO
    malicious        NO
    threatening     NO 
    false               NO
    create a hostile work environment NO
    inappropriate  Depends on your politics and is a good cover all clause that would have no legal status (as far as I know).
    unlawful         NO
      November 6, 2017 3:46 PM MST

Obscene...Yes
    Malicious...Yes
    Threatening...Yes
    Inappropiate...Yes
      November 6, 2017 5:06 PM MST

You would appear to have a very strange opinion on what is 'obscene' this picture was published in newspapers throughout the world and the vast majority of them are not allowed under law to publish 'obscene' images.

Malicious

Involving malice; characterized by wicked or mischievous motives or intentions.

An act done maliciously is one that is wrongful and performed willfully or intentionally, and without legal justification.

West's Encyclopedia of American Law, edition 2. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
    So no, not legally malicious.

So now someone giving a finger is threatening to a man surrounded by armed guards, get real.

Inappropriate, depends on your politics and is open to personal interpretation, many would consider it very appropriate, in fact the majority of Americans feel that he is not well serving the people.

When he assumed office, the billionaire businessman, TV star and now 45th US president also enjoyed the lowest approval rating of any recent President and these ratings haven't got any better.
    During his first 100 days Gallop daily polling showed that just 40 per cent of Americans approved of the way Trump is handling his new job – compared to 55 per cent that disapprove.
    Historically, it has usually taken American presidents  hundreds of days to reach a majority disapproval rating. 
    This has been the case for the last five presidents – with Bill Clinton lasting a record 573 days before more than 50 per cent of Americans disapproved of his presidency.
    Donald Trump smashed this record after surging into the White House on a wave of anti-establishment anger.
    It took just eight days for him to gain a majority disapproval rating, according to Gallup, with 51 per cent of Americans saying they disapproved of the President on January 28, 2016.
    The sacking of James Comey - apparently over the FBI's investigation into the Trump camp's pre-election links with Russia - coincided with a further decline in approval rating while the recent events over North Korea and Charlottesville have seen him reach new lows.

What are the latest impeachment odds for Trump?

As it stands impeachment is still unlikely because it would require a majority in the House of Representatives to go to trial and a two-thirds majority in the Senate to make it happen.
    Both the House and the Senate are currently under Republican control, meaning that Trump's party would have to abandon him for him to be kicked out of office.
    However, the bookmakers aren't ruling out impeachment with the latest odds showing that there is a 40 per cent chance Trump will fail to make it to the end of his first term in office.

Their latest odds are as follows:

• Impeachment or resignation before 2020: 6/4 (40 per cent chance)
    • To serve full first term: 4/6 (60 per cent chance)
      November 6, 2017 5:45 PM MST

What does flipping some off mean? F-you. That is indeed obscene. 
    malicious definition, meaning, what is malicious: intended to harm or upset other people.

Do you believe when someone flips someone off, they are not intending to hurt the  feelings of the person they are making that obscene justure towards?
    Not interested in the rest of that...it will all come down to the economy. If jobs are herenand Americans are doing better then President Trump will be re-eected if not the he won't.  But if everything continues as it is 2020 will not even be a challenge for President Trump.  (Stock market is at record high, unemployment is lower than it been during President Obama's entire term, more and more jobs created, personally I have had a record year in my 20+ yrs of business)
      November 6, 2017 9:37 PM MST

So it is okay if your Donald rants that he hates people, people that work for him and this will not harm them or upset them and he can do this to other member countries at the UN of but his feeling are hurt if someone does the same to him.

President Trump has yelled in the White House that he hates everyone there, and his former chief strategist Steve Bannon has told people Trump has just a 30 percent chance of finishing his four-year term, according to a new report.
    Half a dozen top GOP lawmakers and White House advisers describe Trump as "unstable," "losing a step" and "unraveling" in recent weeks, according to Vanity Fair.

November 7, 2017 12:46 AM MST