Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » America the only country out of the Paris Cllimate agreement. The Donald John makes us stick out like a sore thumb. Doesn't he?

America the only country out of the Paris Cllimate agreement. The Donald John makes us stick out like a sore thumb. Doesn't he?

Posted - November 8, 2017

Responses

• It's one of the few things he's gotten right.
      November 8, 2017 12:30 PM MST

He had to do something! The rest of the world knows the U.S.A. makes the most carbon. On the other hand, the U.S.A. also makes the most solutions.
      November 8, 2017 1:17 PM MST

China head the list for emissions here:

https://wri.org/blog/2014/11/6-graphs-explain-world%E2%80%99s-top-10-emitters
      November 8, 2017 1:23 PM MST

Given the population of China, that comes as no surprise but if you look at it on a per capita basis  the US is responsible for more than double that of China. 
    https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EN.ATM.CO2E.PC 
      November 8, 2017 2:38 PM MST

Yes, that per capita information is in that link.

I'd say that any effect of such emissions on the world's environment is determined by the totality of he emissions---not the per capita amount

I mean, what good is it that the US is the most efficient per capital producer of carbon emissions?
      November 8, 2017 6:20 PM MST

I'd say that it is a world problem that the world needs to sort out and the world's leading country which is also one of the leaders in emissions is not even willing to join the club trying to sort out the problem, this does not bode well for the future.
      November 8, 2017 9:13 PM MST

I thought it was China bh. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday. So we make the most problems and make the most solutions? There's something really wrong with that isn't there? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday.   I'm gonna quote you in a question bh.  I will just refer to you as an Answermug pal. It's an interesting thought you bring up and I just want to see what others think about it. :)
      November 9, 2017 2:12 AM MST

Conformism is for weak pathetic people.

The opinion of other nations is of absolutely no importance whatsoever. The U.S. is a superpower. It should not be pandering to the whims of others. Especially not to a transparently fraudulent scam like man made climate change that aims undermine national sovereignty and subordinate the U.S. to a global authority.
      November 8, 2017 1:51 PM MST

• Do you know the reasons why President Trump pulled out of the Paris Agreement? Do the research. How will the withdrawal effect the rest of the world? Do the research. I say do the research because judging by the tone of your question, it looks like you haven't bothered doing any research. Rather it's just another opportunity for you to attack.
      November 8, 2017 1:52 PM MST

So we stick out like a sore thumb. Trump saw it for what it is, a big scam, a redistribution of money.
      November 8, 2017 3:50 PM MST

You need either a verb or punctuation after the first word in your lead sentence, and what the heck is Cllimate?  If you'd proofread and edit your work . . . oh, never mind!

November 8, 2017 10:06 PM MST