Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How would it work if there were no political parties and everyone represented him/herself? No one to hate. Wouldn't that be great?

How would it work if there were no political parties and everyone represented him/herself? No one to hate. Wouldn't that be great?

Posted - November 9, 2017

Responses

• The Founding Fathers feared a two party system because it causes too much contention and was and is a danger to the Constitution and our Republic. That's quite obvious when you look at what's happening now. However, those individuals that hate on a consistent basis will will continue to hate whether or not there is a two party system or a no party system.
      November 9, 2017 6:05 AM MST

That was exactly the plan in several cases: the portion of Hebrew history known as Judges, the tribes on the east side of the Rhine river, known to Romans as Germanicus, the Dutch empire, the American colonies. Each of these had no central government and all were stable, peaceful, prosperous and unconquerable. Each lasted about 150 years and then the people threw away their accomplishments and created a central government. After that they were conquered or collapsed from within.

Free ebook of history and theories: https://comingdarkage.blogspot.com/
      November 9, 2017 6:21 AM MST

Great theory, complete anarchy.

Irl, however, people soon gang up to get things done, then when they get too powerful, others have to get together to keep them in check.  

November 9, 2017 6:29 AM MST

I know it is another pie-in-the-sky wacky WHAT IF  Malizz. I know. Sad though. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 9, 2017 6:32 AM MST

I don't hate anyone. Parties do help in determining basic positions on the issues.  
      November 9, 2017 7:00 AM MST