Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are you able to entertain the thought that some sexual abuse accusations may be false?

Are you able to entertain the thought that some sexual abuse accusations may be false?

Posted - November 11, 2017

Responses

Yes. I asked a female sailor once that if she didn't like one of the male sailors, would she cry rape to get him in trouble. She said yes.
      November 11, 2017 11:15 AM MST

Of course some of them are false. Probably at least 50%. Bearing false witness has always gone on. Manipulation has always been a woman's weapon.

The feminist lobby has done everything it can to overturn the presumption of innocence. They're trying to claim it's misogynistic to even suggest that a woman might lie.
      November 11, 2017 1:15 PM MST

Interesting that you ONLY talk about women accusers.  He didn't mention women or men in his question. Men are part of the mix in these latest cases too.  Do you believe the men lie as much as the women?  Or is lying only a female trait?
      November 11, 2017 4:39 PM MST

Men lie just as much as women, just not about that. Some women lie about it as a weapon. Some women lie about it for attention and sympathy, with a callus disregard for the lives of the men their accusations will destroy.

Men don't play the victim. Men are psychologically conditioned both biologically and socially to project strength. Weakness is shamed in men. Most men would find it very difficult to even make true accusations of sexual abuse, because it would make them feel weak and unmanly. No self respecting man would ever make things up as a weapon. That would be such a b*tch move. We prefer to use violence. I'm not saying violence is any better, but that's the male M.O..

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at November 15, 2017 2:14 PM MST
      November 12, 2017 1:27 AM MST

Hahahahahaha!   TZ, I can always count on you to make me laugh when I'm having a rough start to my day.  Thank you so much for responding.  "Men lie ..... just not about that. ..... Men don't play the victim."  The rest of what you have written is PURE FREAKING GOLD man!  You really have missed your calling.  I think you could really clean up working as a comedian. 

If money is involved, both men and women are completely capable of lying for profit.  You also have parents who will manipulate their children for profit as well. 

"No self-respecting man would ever make things up as a weapon."  Same can be said for women.  This has to do with content of character, not whether or not a person is male or female.  Gender does not dictate how honestly we conduct ourselves in these situations.  I'm willing to bet there is at least one man who has jumped on the ever expanding bandwagon accusing Kevin Spacey of misconduct, who wasn't molested.  
      November 12, 2017 5:58 AM MST

This insistence that gender is just a social construct is so bizarre and obviously false.

Men do bear false witness but not as much as women do and not in a way that humiliates themselves sexually. It really puzzles me how anyone can be so ignorant of human nature. Do you really think society views a sexually abused woman in the same way as a sexually abused man? People will indeed do all kinds of wicked things for gain. Though the fact is a man can't get ahead that way.
      November 12, 2017 7:39 AM MST

LMAO!  Keep making general assumptions about me and insulting my intelligence.  It really helps me with my bowel movements.  Thanks. 
      November 12, 2017 7:46 AM MST

• Yes, I'm sure that some of them are false. There are a number of "campus rape" stories that turned out to be completely fabricated. 
      November 11, 2017 2:06 PM MST

Interesting juxtaposition of words---sexual accusations and entertain.  I found it ironic and possibly more extant than one might hope.

Yes, I can--an accusation is not a "probative" statement.
      November 11, 2017 2:13 PM MST

That would be insane and utterly ridiculous to think such things. (said while groping my neighbors husbands butt) I would never do such a thing and lie about it. -screams in the background- Quit groping my husbands  butt. ;+
      November 11, 2017 2:26 PM MST

yes
      November 11, 2017 2:37 PM MST

Yes, of course Zach.  I do wonder how many people jump on the bandwagon hoping to be part of a settlement or attempting to gain fame.
      November 11, 2017 4:42 PM MST

I can't even say YES loudly enough!!!
      November 12, 2017 12:58 AM MST

Yes I think women can lie about sexual assault, but I think its far more likely they would say NOTHING for fear of being assaulted and humiliated in public by darn near EVERYBODY. 

I can also wrap my head around the notion that sexual abusers usually have MANY victims, not just one.
      November 12, 2017 6:20 AM MST

Agreed.  Saying nothing is more the norm than speaking up.  I think now, with everything beginning to come out in the open, along with the general responses from the corporations, public & media that have occurred, both men and women who have been sexually assaulted will begin to speak up more quickly and loudly.
      November 12, 2017 7:28 AM MST

Tman, you and I know each other from AMHD.  Take a look at the bigger dog in my avi.  I've just sent you a friend request.  I would like to say hello and find out how you're doing.  Can't do that without our "friending" each other.  I'm also in touch with excon if you're interested in finding out how he's doing.  I have to leave for while.  I'll be back later.  I'd really like to know how you are faring. This post was edited by Harry at November 15, 2017 2:13 PM MST
      November 12, 2017 8:14 AM MST

I think its far more likely they would say NOTHING for fear of being assaulted and humiliated in public by darn near EVERYBODY.

In which case they would be victimizing themselves.  That may not be the best way for them to heal.
      November 12, 2017 8:16 AM MST

But please look from an historical perspective - we were talking about and dealing with these things forty years ago so this is nothing new nor is it new to publicize such.  I think a point is being missed.  Things happen and we think OK I could have handled that better or avoided that but then years later it comes out that the guy was doing the same things with other girls then we think OK that is what it was which is easier than just taking responsibility for it so we get on board because by being a "victim" we are alleviated (on the surface) of our guilt. But also if we make ourselves victims then we are saying OK we can't take care of ourselves by ourselves without help or validation from others.  And women are very fast to commiserate but all too slow to praise and identify with what is extraordinary and accomplished in one another.  Men lie too and also do sometimes choose to be the "victim" for whatever reasons of their own. 

By saying nothing we preserve our individual power and options which we want to do.  But then from a man's point of view perhaps who gets the most girls or at least has the most who will do whatever he wants wins right?  As an indication of his personal power which men are obsessed by.  Whereas we need to see ourselves as a functioning member of a larger group or community and contributing to that because that is where our stability lies. 
      November 12, 2017 8:50 AM MST

Of course.  As well as selective. Men are men and we are ourselves and if we put on certain kinds of glasses we can interpret so many things that happen to us as "abuse" but there are reasons we choose not to and reasons we might choose to.  Like what mileage we are able to get out of doing so for ourselves. 
      November 12, 2017 7:36 AM MST