Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Bullies. Give then enough rope. Leave them alone. Eventually they hang themselves figuratively of course . Are they ever aware of it?

Bullies. Give then enough rope. Leave them alone. Eventually they hang themselves figuratively of course . Are they ever aware of it?

Posted - November 12, 2017

Responses

I have kept track of those who bullied me when I was a little kid. Many have had short life spans. I like to read their obituaries. 
      November 12, 2017 9:58 AM MST

So you live in the same place you grew up then bh? I do like to think there is some sort of Universal Justice that goes on  24/7 trying to balance things out. Even if we aren't witness to it. I think people eventually get what they earne/deserve. At least I hope so. It's comfotring to think that so what could it hurt?
      November 13, 2017 1:31 AM MST

I would have to guess that these bullies died of alcoholism. 
      November 13, 2017 11:59 AM MST

I suppose that occurs with liver failure?  Being an alcoholic or drug addict is a sure way to commit suicide. It just takes longer than hanging yourself or shooting yourself. I enjoy alcohol but I know my limit. I never go beyond. Not because I'm such a good person but because my throat actually closes. I know it sounds weird but once I've had "enough" I just can't take another sip. Even if someone paid me to do so. Drinking while eating appetizers or having wine with a meal is fine. But I cannot possibly drink alcohol after I'm done with my meal. Nightcaps or after-dinner drinks? Not my cuppa tea. I think it is actually physical revulsion/repulsion. I once got so drunk many decades ago that I suffered with I  dry heaves for 3 days. I wanted to die. Maybe that's what did it. If you've never been there you can't possibly know how miserable you become. Thank you for your reply bh and Happy Tuesday!  :)
      November 14, 2017 2:37 AM MST

im not always aware of it
      November 12, 2017 3:37 PM MST