Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » For those who BELIEVE. If Satan exists are those he controls aware of it? Do they KNOW they are controlled by EVIL or are they oblivious?

For those who BELIEVE. If Satan exists are those he controls aware of it? Do they KNOW they are controlled by EVIL or are they oblivious?

Posted - November 18, 2017

Responses

• I can’t speak for others but i know when he’s in me. I didn’t recognise it in the past but I see it now.
      December 21, 2017 1:50 AM MST

Wow, you're very humble to make that conclusion about yourself! Whether you realize it or not that puts you at an advantage. He (Satan) does not want you to come to the realization he exists, much less that he may be using us unknowingly. Tex gives a very good summation of how Satan has deceived most of mankind. All the best to you!!!
      December 21, 2017 10:24 PM MST

• Thanks for saying I’m humble. I try to be. There are some very knowledgeable people here. I feel blessed to be here. All the best to you too :)
      December 22, 2017 2:28 AM MST

I think if you pay attention and are honest with yourself you have to know. It's when you do something you have to lie about because you KNOW it was wrong. It's when you feel lousy because your best was MIA and it was your worst self that was running the show It's when you purposely hurt people and feel good about it. I think the really evil people have no idea they are evil. They see what they do/say as being "righteous" even though it harms others in tragic ways.  I'm sure racists and bigots think they're really swell folks and it's the rest of us who are misguided and expendable. And so it goes. Thank you for your reply Gk and Happy Friday! :)
      December 22, 2017 2:16 AM MST

• It’s a constant battle for me. I don’t find it easy to be a good person. Hope you have a good day too Rosie. :)
      December 22, 2017 2:23 AM MST

Just saying that m'dear shows me that you ARE a good person because you fight to do what you know is right. We're all weak at times. We all do/say things that hurt others...sometimes grievously. We are human and not perfect. The ones who are very satisfied with themselves and never even think about it are the ones who are the worst in my opinion. They sail through life damaging anyone who gets in their way and don't care.  I struggle all the time too. I don't really DO things that harm people but I SAY things that might. While I'm in the throes of the saying I don't even think about how it might come across. I never regret what I say because it's always my truth. I do regret HOW I say it because I could have done better and I didn't! Thank you for your reply! ((hugs)) That's for hanging in and fighting and being aware! It's rare!
      December 22, 2017 2:28 AM MST

• Thanks Rosie. Hugs :)
      December 22, 2017 2:35 AM MST

You're welcome m'dear! I'm just tellin' it like I see Gypsyking! You are a good hugger! Thank you! :):):)
      December 22, 2017 2:36 AM MST

I believe that most don't believe they are serving Him as many don't even believe that He exist. Some do outright worship Him though.
    Most are misled as to the power he actually has.

(John 8:44) You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.
    (Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

[...The Bible describes the Devil as such a personality. Referring to him as Satan, it says: “Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.” (2 Corinthians 11:14) Though he is evil, the Devil presents himself as good in order to misguide others. And if he gets people to believe that he simply does not exist, that suits his purpose even better....]

[...Who Really Is Ruling the World?
    Today, many feel that it is old-fashioned to believe in the Devil. However, no explanation for the harsh reality of evil, apart from the Devil, has proved satisfactory. In fact, the attempt to do away with the idea of the Devil has led many people to reject God and any moral boundaries altogether.
    “The devil’s deepest wile,” wrote 19th-century poet Charles-Pierre Baudelaire, “is to persuade us that he does not exist.” By concealing his identity, the Devil has actually raised doubts about the existence of God. If the Devil did not exist, would that not make God responsible for all evil? Is that not exactly what the Devil wants people to believe?
    Like a criminal boss, the Devil conceals his identity in order to achieve his objective. What is that objective? The Bible answers: “The god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.”—2 Corinthians 4:4.
    One important question remains. What will God do with this secret mastermind who is behind all evil and suffering? This we will consider in the following article....]
      December 21, 2017 8:05 AM MST

Thank you for your very thoughtful, helpful and informative reply tex. As usual. I think when most of us do things we shouldn't and have to lie about it because we KNOW it was the wrong thing to do we know what is driving us and feel ashamed/embarrassed. I also think the truly evil people...racists/bigots/murderers...believe self-righteously that they are doing what they should and the rest of us are poor saps who don't  deserve respect or honesty. The more havoc/chaos/damage they cause the better they feel about themselves. Of course that's just an assumption. Now those politicians who just voted for the "cut cut cut" bill are rejoicing. They care not that what is in it, when implemented will benefit the obscenely wealthy mostly and greatly/grievously harm millions of people with some tragic consequences. They are oblivious to it or realize it  and just don't care. That is evil operating out in the open taking pride in it! SIGH. Happy Friday tex!  :) ((hugs)) This post was edited by RosieG at December 22, 2017 7:09 AM MST
      December 22, 2017 2:22 AM MST

You're welcome and thank you for the kind words RosieG.
      December 22, 2017 7:02 AM MST