Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Does anyone in their right mind ever prefer a chiclet keyboard?

Does anyone in their right mind ever prefer a chiclet keyboard?

I hate these things.

Posted - November 21, 2017

Responses

• Well ... sometimes progress interferes with comfort.
      November 22, 2017 10:20 PM MST

• Therse things aren't progress Alf.   ;)
      November 23, 2017 5:45 AM MST

My laptops have chiclet keyboards and I love them.....nothing gets in between the keys.  My desktop keyboard is the standards type of keys and it is one that I can submerge and wash....I love that.  Dirty keyboards I can't stand.  Same for telephones, remotes,  and computer mice.
      November 22, 2017 3:05 PM MST

• Bu they type like chit. 
      November 23, 2017 5:46 AM MST

Just like guns don't kill, keyboards don't type.  Perhaps you have big fingers which make typing on them harder for  you.  I've never heard anyone complain about them before.  
      November 24, 2017 9:15 AM MST

• That's an inaccurate description.  Guns shoot well or shoot badly just as a ketboard can type well or badly.   Different meaning of the words based on context.
    Chiclets just don't have the good solid feel and don't rebound well and the keys stick and resist when they aren't pressed just right.   Most people I have ever talked to complain about them as compared to regular keyboards.  They just don't have that good feel and response. It's like pushing buttons instead of hitting actual keys.
     Plus they are actually harder to clean.  Sure you wipe them to look pretty but dust and grime gets in them between the keys and board and makes them even grittier feeling to type on. It's impossible to clean that as opposed to a real keyboard that you just hit with some air. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 25, 2017 8:30 AM MST
      November 24, 2017 9:21 AM MST