Discussion » Questions » Music » Did I imagine these two music videos?

Did I imagine these two music videos?

There are two music videos that I cannot find anymore but the songs involved still have videos, but they're different from what I remember.
If anyone can find the ones I describe, I'd appreciate seeing the videos again. (Unless I imagined them.) Does anyone remember the following videos to these songs?

"Black or White" -- Michael Jackson  - - the video I remember had a long chunk of time devoted to close-ups of people's faces looking straight at the camera, and then they faced to the left and to the right; all the while the faces kept morphing into other people, constantly changing faces.

"Gravity of Love" -- Enigma  - -  the video I remember takes place in a huge castle-like building filled with people outside and inside the castle in period-dress (Renaissance-like?) costumes. The camera went from room to room -- some of the images were rather sexual and/or erotic but it was all done in great taste. 

Posted - November 22, 2017

Responses

You're not going crazy. I also remember that Michael Jackson one, in fact, quite vividly. The Enigma one had the chanting and the eerily hypnotic music, right?
      I haven't seen a music video in about ten years, so if those two are off the shelf these days, I wouldn't know it. 
    ~
      November 22, 2017 2:12 PM MST

Hi Randy D! Thanks for affirming my memory on the Michael Jackson song!
    :)
    I liked every person they chose for those close-up morphing faces - - all beautiful in an everyday way.

I'm going to share two Enigma videos. The first one here is not the official video I remember for Enigma's "Gravity of Love" but it has a certain style that is appealing to me. Anyway, it's the song. The entire Enigma3 album uses Carl Orff's "O Fortuna" as a musical theme and it appears almost everywhere. nice album!

The second video, if I can post it successfully, is "Return To Innocence" -- I love this official music video to the song, too -- everything running in reverse; hypnotic. and your description of the song in your answer made me think of this song.  (I'll post "Return To Innocence" as a separate reply.)

"Gravity of Love"

"Return To Innocence"

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 24, 2017 4:52 PM MST
      November 24, 2017 4:48 PM MST

"Return To Innocence"

November 24, 2017 4:52 PM MST

• The Micheal Jackson video you are talking about is an extended version of the one you are seeing.   MTV  sometimes played an extended version that had the face changing after the end of what is on youtube with him singing a refrain while the faces changed.
      November 22, 2017 2:28 PM MST

That sounds sort of familiar to me now, Glis, thanks!
    Funny, but I can literally only remember clearly the faces as a video to the song -- remembering the people all being beautiful and attractive in everyday ways, like people you'd meet on the streets by chance.
      November 24, 2017 4:42 PM MST

I canna help ya, laddie.

November 22, 2017 3:45 PM MST

Hey, no matter my question, this song is ALWAYS good for me to hear, Sharonna full of Bolognia!
    And I love the video -- Ono just simply walking behind Lennon and opening the shutters/windows takes me breath away. Beautiful!
      November 24, 2017 4:39 PM MST

MANDELA EFFECT!!!!!!!!!!
      November 22, 2017 5:23 PM MST

Maybe you're right!
      November 24, 2017 4:36 PM MST