Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » This is for the FLAT EARTH proponents out there. A man will launch himself into space next week to prove flat earthness. You a believer?

This is for the FLAT EARTH proponents out there. A man will launch himself into space next week to prove flat earthness. You a believer?

Mike Hughes plans to launch himself into space next week (maybe Tuesday) high enough that he can take photos of earth to prove we live on a disk not a ball. It will be in California, somewhere over the Mojave Desert. Taking bets here. Will he prove earth is really flat and force scientists to rethink their entire life's work? I don't know how high he will have to fly to get good pictures though. I expect he knows .  Isn't life existing? Having something like this that's so awesome to look forward to during the holidays is so special, isn't it?  :)

Posted - November 25, 2017

Responses

How is he planning on launching himself into space?
    Does he have his own homemade space gear and rocket?
      November 25, 2017 5:45 AM MST

I have no idea what the delivery system will be Patch. Part of the mystery and excitement! SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday!:)
      November 26, 2017 3:13 AM MST

If the earth was flat, cats would have knocked everything off of it by now.
      November 25, 2017 5:46 AM MST

Too funny. Lol
      November 25, 2017 5:57 AM MST

I see you are familiar with the habits of cats BR. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      November 26, 2017 3:14 AM MST

We have a small army of cats running around the house.  I'm VERY familiar with their habits.
      November 29, 2017 9:14 PM MST

How many is a "small" number BR? We lost our beloved cat Tigger July 25,  2017. He was with us for about 14 years. An integral part of our family. We remain heartbroken and still see him everywhere he used to favor...in our mind's eye. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      November 30, 2017 3:20 AM MST

With our own cats, the ferals in our neighborhood & the feral cats I feed out by my work, we're feeding 22.
      November 30, 2017 8:16 PM MST

Oh my goodness! Wow! Well thank you on behalf of the cats you are helping to stay alive. When Jim and I lived in an apartment in Riverside..ground floor....we regularly fed about 4 cats  max on a regular basis .I guess folks just moved and left them or dumped them off from somewhere else. It was so sad to see them. Anyway we started off with one dish of food and one dish of water for a stray. Then as more showed up we didn't want them fighting so we got up to 4 food dishes and 4 water bowls. They ate without incident. They came and went. Different cats. One kept showing up and when we moved we just took him with us. Our beloved Tigger who graced us with his presence for about 14 years. We lost him July 25, 2017. His organs just started shutting down. We shall always miss him. He was an important member of our family. Anyway kudos to you for the 22! :) Thank you for your reply BR! :)
      December 1, 2017 3:37 AM MST

What part of Christopher Columbus does that guy not understand?  
      November 25, 2017 7:03 AM MST

Hahahahahahahahaha! Funnee hunnee. Well he's certainly a few cards short of a full deck. Amusing diversion though. I wonder if it will really happen or if he will keep  postponing it until we all forget about it? Thank you for your reply bh! :)
      November 26, 2017 3:18 AM MST

He would have to obtain a geostationary orbit 22,226 miles up at the plane of earth's equator and remain there forever...we hope.
      November 25, 2017 7:13 AM MST

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have all his marbles nor is he playing with a full deck Ele. I don't know what kind of delivery system he plans to use to launch himself into outer space but at least this question isn't about attacks and insults and nuclear war and blood and guts and creepy crawly critters. Another nut on another quest. Seems harmless doesn't it? Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 26, 2017 3:16 AM MST

Yeah...these questions are more fun to answer.
      November 26, 2017 7:44 AM MST

I think so too. At least most reasonable folks won't be insulting or rude or smartalecky or get angry, hostile,cranky. Of course there is always that core of "usual suspects" who will insult anyone at any time for any reason or no reason at all. They are a lost cause and of no consequence. Thank you for your reply. I wonder if this guy will keep postponing it? He was supposedly going to launch himself earlier. I guess we'll see if this is just another "end of the world" scam. Thank you for your reply Ele! :)
      November 27, 2017 4:49 AM MST

Is he going to launch himself out of a cannon?
    It better be a big one if so.
      November 25, 2017 12:25 PM MST

I'm not exactly sure what the method of delivery of him to outer space will be Lulu'sMom. It's a diversion though. I didn't know there were flatearth earthlings in this day and age but I guess no matter what you can conceive of there is group somewhere supporting it! Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 26, 2017 3:11 AM MST

Well I heard he cancelled out yesterday ------------ something problematic about his launch method. 
      November 30, 2017 12:36 PM MST

Cancelled for good or just another postponement? I can't imagine anyone seriously considering doing that. Well for sure it takes all kinds doesn't it? Thank you for your reply bh!  I have a severe fear of heights so it would not be my cuppa under the best of circumstances! :)
      December 1, 2017 3:41 AM MST

Well, it's been over a week since the delay BHWilson tells us of, so has this chap succeeded yet in both his flight and in proving everyone else has been wrong all these years about literally GEOmetry  - and the habits of cats?
      December 4, 2017 6:00 PM MST