Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Has your mind ever disappointed you by not being smart enough?

Has your mind ever disappointed you by not being smart enough?

Posted - November 26, 2017

Responses

It isn't programmed ....everything is natural spontaneous...reaction...definitely original;))
      November 26, 2017 8:15 PM MST

I looked up the definition of smart, and I also looked up the meaning of smart.  Somewhat different concepts really---feel free to also look them up if you are interested.

My IQ is 140+, but I am absolutely at a loss when I have to unfold a three dimensional solid with different markings on the various sides and then choose which two dimensional folding of the 4 or so listed that could be manipulated to form the pictured solid.

Which means that passing a course in descriptive geometry might be as difficult for me as 6th grade math is for someone else.

Didn't Lincoln say, "a man’s legs should be exactly long enough to reach from his body to the ground?"

So, certainly, there are areas of my life for which I have no specifically usable gifts that give me either insight or advantage; but generally speaking I cope adequately in the areas important to me---at least most of the time.
      November 27, 2017 12:48 PM MST