Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Business » Truth in Advertising! Bullsh**! Hoaxy jokesters tell you whatever you need to hear to buy what they sell. Integrity? Are you kidding me?

Truth in Advertising! Bullsh**! Hoaxy jokesters tell you whatever you need to hear to buy what they sell. Integrity? Are you kidding me?

Where there is money to be made there is no integrity, honesty, truth, good intentions. We are all sitting ducks if we believe any of  the crap they tell us. To top it off a Consumer's Advocate Agency is or has been destroyed. Why give us a break? Why infringe on the right of the obscenely wealthy movers and shakers to squeeze an extra dime, an extra pound of flesh, an extra drop of blood? Why indeed?

Posted - November 26, 2017

Responses

I saw a page on the internet that showed that most gold bullion sold on the internet is FAKE!  It is gold plated metal that they put in air tight display packets. Best thing to do is get a test kit. 
      November 26, 2017 6:40 AM MST

It's everywhere bh. Above, below, by our sides. Everywhere there are  people they will lie to get the advantage and people will buy the lies and make it easy for them.  An so it goes!  Thank you for your reply. I don't buy anything on the internet. I like the "hands on" approach. See it. Touch it. Read what's available about it. If you went to an authorized reputable coin dealer IN PeRSON d'ya think that would be safe?  What does a test kit do? Does it actually differentiate between the real deal and fake?
      November 26, 2017 6:48 AM MST

Even the reputable people who sell the alleged gold may not be aware of it, they trust their sources. The test kit contains some sort of acid, and real gold will not be damaged by acid. 
      November 26, 2017 8:39 AM MST

So you would go to a dealer and face-to-face ask to test it right there bh?  I thought gold was a soft metal. It can't be damaged by acid? That seems really weird to me but I never took chemistry so I don't know anything about it!  Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 26, 2017 9:34 AM MST
      November 26, 2017 9:26 AM MST

• Acid and a touch stone.   The touch stone is used to rub off a thin film of the gold in question.   The different acid solutions will remove the different blends of gold.   You start with the lowest Kt. solution and work your way up until the gold dissolves the gold film from the touchstone.

That said they won't distinguish if it is gold embedded or filled base metal.  Gold plate will show as the touchstone would remove such a thinfilm of gold and reveal the base metal underneath..   The best way is to determine the Kt of the gold,  then use math to determine the volume and weight of the ingot, bar, etc. to see if it matches that of gold.
      November 26, 2017 11:48 AM MST

i dont always believe what i hear
      November 26, 2017 2:58 PM MST