Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are Brits miffed when British Royalty hooks up with Americans? Duchess of Windsor. Princess Grace. Mergan Markle, Harry's fiancee? Why?

Are Brits miffed when British Royalty hooks up with Americans? Duchess of Windsor. Princess Grace. Mergan Markle, Harry's fiancee? Why?

Posted - November 27, 2017

Responses

Princess Grace was married to the prince of Monaco, not to British royalty.
      November 27, 2017 6:20 AM MST

• What does Princess Grace, of the Grimaldi Dynasty, have to do with British Royals?
      November 27, 2017 12:37 PM MST

Grace Kelly married Rainer of Monaco. Monaco is a tiny principality on the French coast. Not British. As for Wallis Simpson, she was an excuse - Britain was looking for any pretext at all to dump Edward VIII, he was a close personal friend of Adolf Hitler.

Had William married an American (or a citizen of ANY nation not part of the British Commonwealth), they may have had concerns. Harry is far enough from the line of succession not to worry them (currently fifth behind his father, brother, nephew and niece - and soon to be sixth when Kate's next baby is born)
      November 27, 2017 4:46 PM MST

I know all about  Grace.  It was conflated Sbf. You didn't realizee that I guess. I was asking about Brits specifically with regard to Megan.  I brought in Wallis Simpson and tossed in Grace. All  Americans who were "interlopers" into Royalty in Europe. You could have cut me some slack but you didn't. I know. Just the facts. Thanks.
      November 28, 2017 2:16 AM MST

Get your claws in, kitten. Could have been a mistake, we all make them. George Washington was an aristocrat. Jamie-Lee Curtis is a Baroness by marriage. The true King of England is an Australian! Simon Abney-Hastings, descended from Clarence, son of Richard, Duke of York. Edward IV was NOT the son of the Duke, he was born 11 months after his "father" went to France, seven months after his return.
    They're just people. Accidents of birth shouldn't confer the right to rule.

November 29, 2017 1:14 AM MST

Members of British royalty have not discussed their miffedness with me.

BTW, I was told a couple of days ago that Grace Kelly's family had to pony up a dowry of two million bux before she could marry Prince Watsisname. That led to a study of what a "dowry" is. It does not mean the same thing in every area. A lot depends on whether farming is considered man's work or woman's work.
      November 28, 2017 4:55 AM MST