Active Now

Randy D
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Armageddon. End of Days. What will trigger it and is it fast coming upon us at lightning speed?

Armageddon. End of Days. What will trigger it and is it fast coming upon us at lightning speed?

Posted - July 30, 2016

Responses

Hello Rosie:

What will trigger the end days??  A Trump tweet..

excon

August 1, 2016 8:04 AM MDT

No. The whole world is going to believe he is the answer. The whole world doesn't believe Trump is the answer to everything. Is the UN talking about putting him in charge? How about Europe and Russia, China etc are they all flocking Trump? Not from what I have seen.
      August 1, 2016 8:00 PM MDT

Hello my2cents. What verses do people refer to in thinking that (Fleshly) Israel being a nation again has something to do with the last days?

See this as well:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989241?q=%22Are+the+events+taking+place+in+Israel+today+in+fulfillment+of+Bible+prophecy%22&p=par

Are the events taking place in Israel today in fulfillment of Bible prophecy?

Ezek. 37:21, 22JP: “Thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel, and one king shall be king to them all.” (Israel today is not a nation under a king of the royal line of David. Theirs is a republic.)

Isa. 2:2-4JP: “It shall come to pass in the end of days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established as the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many peoples shall go and say: ‘Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths.’ . . . And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” (In Jerusalem today, where the temple was formerly located there is no “house of the God of Jacob,” but, instead, an Islamic shrine. And there is no move on the part of Israel or its neighbors to “beat their swords into plowshares.” They depend for survival on military preparedness.)

Isa. 35:1, 2JP: “The wilderness and the parched land shall be glad; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice, even with joy and singing; the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon; they shall see the glory of the LORD, the excellency of our God.” (Remarkable reforestation and irrigation projects have been successfully undertaken in Israel. But its leaders do not give credit to the Lord God. As a former premier, David Ben-Gurion, said: “Israel is determined . . . to conquer the desert and make it flourish by the power of science and the pioneering spirit, and to transform the country into a bastion of democracy.”)

Zech. 8:23JP: “In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations, shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying: We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.” (To what God does the prophecy refer? In the Hebrew language his name [יהוה, commonly translated Jehovah] appears over 130 times in this one book of the Holy Scriptures. Today when someone uses that name, do people conclude that the person must be a Jew? No; for many centuries, superstition has caused the Jewish people as a whole to refrain from ever uttering God’s personal name. The upsurge of religious interest concerning natural Israel today does not fit this prophecy.)

How, then, are events in modern-day Israel to be viewed? Merely as part of global developments foretold in the Bible. These include war, lawlessness, cooling off of love for God, and the love of money.—Matt. 24:7, 12; 2 Tim. 3:1-5.

Among whom do the prophecies about restoration of Israel have fulfillment today?

Gal. 6:15, 16: “Neither is circumcision anything nor is uncircumcision, but a new creation is something. And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.” (So “the Israel of God” is no longer determined on the basis of conforming to the requirement laid upon Abraham for all the males of his household to be circumcised. Rather, as stated at Galatians 3:26-29, those who belong to Christ and who are spirit-begotten sons of God “are really Abraham’s seed.”)

Jer. 31:31-34: “‘Look! There are days coming,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant . . . And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, “Know Jehovah!” for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.” (That new covenant was made, not with the nation of natural Israel, but with the loyal followers of Jesus Christ to whom hope of heavenly life was being extended. When instituting the Memorial of his death, Jesus gave them a cup of wine and said: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood.” [1 Cor. 11:25])

Rev. 7:4: “I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel.” (But in the verses that follow, mention is made of “the tribe of Levi” and “the tribe of Joseph.” These were not included in lists of the 12 tribes of natural Israel. Interestingly, while it is said that people would be “sealed out of every tribe,” the tribes of Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned. [CompareNumbers 1:4-16.] Reference must here be made to the spiritual Israel of God, to those whom Revelation 14:1-3 shows will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom.)

Heb. 12:22: “You have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels.” (Thus it is not to earthly Jerusalem but to “heavenly Jerusalem” that true Christians look for fulfillment of the promises of God.)

August 2, 2016 4:36 AM MDT

His influence is growing m2c. All he does is talk now and that is enough to ensnare you and others who are likeminded. His position on Russia and Putin INSURES that Putin wants him in and not her. I believe the whole world won't have to believe in Him. Just enough millions to be our undoing. There are already at least 13 million of you out there. The Bernie Busters will probably vote for Trump because they hate Hillary so much. The entire  Republican Party despises Trump but most of them will vote for him because they despise Hillary more. Voting for him while you hate him still counts for believing in him. So I think Trump is definitely the best candidate for anti-Christ. His followers worship him. I don't doubt that some of you pray to him. I am NOT being blasphemous.  For many of you he IS THE ANSWER and you treat him as if he were the second coming of Jesus Christ though Trump is the antithesis of everything Jesus represents. I will never figure that out. Thank you for your reply m2c.

August 2, 2016 4:47 AM MDT

Funny thing is that you don't witness unless someone approaches you first.

You actually inspired these questions:

http://answermug.com/forum/topics/were-jesus-early-disciples-fishers-of-men-or-keepers-of-the

http://answermug.com/forum/topics/are-christians-required-to-tithe-do-christians-put-tithing-above

I would like to see you try to answer those questions using the Bible but I wan't hold my breath.

August 2, 2016 1:18 PM MDT

Hi tex, good to hear from you! I actually attended the regional back in may. What is happening in Russia has been a long time coming. I am not surprised at all. This system of things is unraveling at all sides. The regional was like no other!! We are being prepared for what's ahead.

August 3, 2016 12:34 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply tex and Happy Friday! :)

September 16, 2016 5:36 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Carazaa and Happy Friday.

September 16, 2016 5:39 AM MDT