Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Could you kill an innocent animal ?

Could you kill an innocent animal ?

I was thinking about it lately....

These days , i tend to have eaten less and less meat, specially due to my mom who does the same... i havent eat meat for a long time, just sometimes on occasion.

but i been thinking about this.... to eat meat, you must kill the animals.

i think its crual. no one of us would want to end up our lives by being killed by someone...

what about the meat industry ? yes , meat taste good but every meal of it comes from an animal that must have been killed.

why not try to go vegan instead ? eat plant-based products because it doesnt butcher animals 

Posted - November 28, 2017

Responses

No. 
      November 28, 2017 11:14 AM MST

I'm sure I could--although on the premise that it's unethical to kill any animal if unnecessary to do so for sustenance or safety (or, eventually, to euthanize it or due to greater environmental concerns), even when done with minimal suffering, I stopped consuming meat and fish a couple of years ago. Have felt healthier than ever since, which over such a relatively long period feels like more than coincidence.
      November 28, 2017 11:17 AM MST

• The rabbit, pheasant, venison, and duck meat in my freezer says it all.
      November 28, 2017 12:36 PM MST

I will eat fish I catch.
      November 28, 2017 2:08 PM MST

yes , fish is less of an issue 
      November 28, 2017 4:04 PM MST

Why? 
      November 28, 2017 11:35 PM MST

I agree Bozette :/  Why?  Are fish not as important as mammals?  I happen to love fish and to eat them too.
    Sometimes I feel guilty.  Every and all types of fish seems to be on someone's menu.  They never "catch" a break. 
      November 28, 2017 11:44 PM MST

i mean because its easier to eat fish without hurtin them.... you just get him out of the water, and he pass away from not breathing..... its not like you have to injure the fish with a knife or something .
      November 29, 2017 10:19 AM MST

Hi franc~ Yes.  I see where you are coming from.  I/we aren't picking on you being as Engish isn't your first language and we would have done this anyway had anyone worded their question as you have.  Please know, it means we took the time to "play" with our answers and you while still answering honestly. :)
    Speaking of honesty, does anyone know actually that fish don't have feelings?  I mean, just because they breathe water doesn't mean they don't feel that gauging hook in their mouth as we reel them out of their environment.  They must be feeling something the way the thrash and frantically want to get back to living peacefully.  They didn't do anything wrong.  They were just hungry and we tricked them to solve our hunger problems.  
    It's just a thought.  But, I know I wouldn't want to go out that way.  Laying in an environment that wasn't conducive to me with a hook hanging out of my mouth, slowly suffocating.  Bring the mallet down on my head...Quickly!  Please, put me out of my misery!

This post was edited by Merlin at November 29, 2017 4:04 PM MST
      November 29, 2017 11:06 AM MST

Fish are animals too. And I feed them a lot more than they feed me.
      November 29, 2017 7:00 AM MST

!
      November 29, 2017 11:22 AM MST

I have never met an innocent animal ... nor have I met a guilty one.

November 28, 2017 2:39 PM MST

Yes.I personally have been hungry enough that sympathy for possible game is of no account.
    I don’t qualify animals that are raised for food as innocent. Chances are they wouldn’t exist at all absent that purpose. 
    Concurrently, all fish are inevitably food for other creatures (usually bigger fish), why shouldn’t I share in that bounty?

I can state without reservation that absent some life-threatening digestive disease, I will never reduce myself to veganism.

It must be said that human evolutionary development accelerated when our species began to consume meat. Over time, the ingestion of animal proteins grew our musculature and bone structure and increased the size of our brains. We are omnivores by nature, not vegetarians. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 28, 2017 6:12 PM MST
      November 28, 2017 3:51 PM MST

I only eat innocent animals.
      November 28, 2017 4:06 PM MST

I have found it very difficult to distinguish between the innocent and the guilty ones---and I tend to forgive the guilty ones anyway.

I used to hunt and fish when I was younger (until I was about 28).  The older I have gotten, the harder it is for me to personally "dispatch" any "animal"---with the exception of mosquitoes, flies, silverfish, and earwigs.

I love meat, fish, and seafood---and would gladly accept donations of any wild game.

While I realize death is an integral part of life, I have come to love life so much that I am very uncomfortable being proximate to death's occurrence.

Cop out?...Wimp out?..Reality?---I'm hoping it's reality.

November 28, 2017 4:08 PM MST

I still eat meat, I just keep it to a minimum and only buy the organic kind. It tastes much better than the other junk, but it's more expensive so I can't buy it so often. I like to give vegan versions of things a try, just to mix things up a bit so I'm not eating the same old boring stuff all the time.
      November 28, 2017 6:31 PM MST

no I could not Meat as it has become very expensive so the little I can afford I will take. I remember when I saw where veal comes from. This was my favorite dish. After seeing where it came from I felt so bad and guilty eaten it I had to stop. Another good reason I do not visit restaurants any more. You want something different but it's a guilt trip all the way and you wind up not enjoying it at all. One more note here about fish. I go fishing a lot and release everything. I have no idea why people have no guilty feeling on killing them. Perhaps if hey screamed every time a hook was taken out it would be different.
      November 28, 2017 7:01 PM MST

yes but fishes is less of a big impact, because you just have to get them out of the water , and they pass out naturally.... cuz they dont breath.... so no need to kill them before.

once you cook the fish , they are already death long ago.
      November 29, 2017 10:22 AM MST

Livestock are all innocent yet you butcher them just the same.
    How was that bacon? This post was edited by O-uknow at November 29, 2017 4:05 PM MST
      November 28, 2017 10:55 PM MST

Yes. 
      November 28, 2017 11:43 PM MST

Have done. It's not the fault of rabbits, cats and foxes thst they ravage an environment that isn't adapted to them, but they do it so I have no compunctions about removing them  from it. They're responsible for the endangerment/extinction of multiple species native to Australia. 
      November 29, 2017 1:28 AM MST

• "Yes" ... Innocent animals?  Is there no innocent plantlife?
      November 29, 2017 1:45 AM MST

IKR? 
      November 29, 2017 6:46 AM MST

yes, sorry , english isnt my first language.
      November 29, 2017 10:23 AM MST