Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A Trump supporter said "he's the best president we've ever had". I think he's a monster. Anyone out there indifferent to the guy? How/why?

A Trump supporter said "he's the best president we've ever had". I think he's a monster. Anyone out there indifferent to the guy? How/why?

Posted - November 30, 2017

Responses

I am.

Because I've been saying for decades that America is heading towards this.  If not Trump, it would have been some other individual playing off the radical divisions that have grown in our country.  Divisions which have been strongly encouraged by both political parties and the media.

November 30, 2017 8:43 AM MST

You foresaw this Walt? Seriously?  You are very astute m'dear. I wonder if others saw it too and didn't give a rat's a** OR were thrilled and just biding their time until the right monster could be found to put in power to break open all that's bad and terrible and awful and rotten?  Thank you for your reply.  I'm just having  a really tough time with the turn of events in America. I cannot believe anyone would vote in such a monster as this as prez who has a horrendous track record of lies and lawsuits and duplicity. They think he will not betray THEM. How could anyone reach that conclusion? Isn't the best indication of future actions past actions? SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 1, 2017 3:09 AM MST

It was pretty simple to see it, for anyone paying attention to politics and the news for the last 30 years.  Well, if you were looking at the "big picture" and not letting the media distract you with each new scandal or story - but look at the whole.

It's also simply a matter of only giving people 2 choices ... neither of which is objectively "right" or "wrong".  You will split people into 3 camps.  ChoiceA, ChoiceB, and those who refuse to choose.  The first camps will become entrenched in their choice, and attack the other camp more and more violently.  The third group will attempt to moderate for a while, before giving up on the whole situation entirely.

Nobody ever thinks THEY will be the ones hurt.  It doesn't matter what the situation is.  Car accident, heart attack, job loss, etc, etc ... it will never happen to "me".
      December 1, 2017 8:49 AM MST

I don't have a clue what the endgame is. Today we learn Flynn is co-operating and telling what he knows. How far that goes?  I dunno. But here's what worries me Walt. Everyone gets indicted and charged with criminal activity and the result is they all go to prison at which point The Donald John pardons everyone including himself. What happens next?  Business as usual? What's the point of all of this if the monstrous doofus don can erase it with a pardon?
      December 1, 2017 10:08 AM MST

• I'm kinda indifferent too.  Not only was the two party choice an equal lose-lose situation, it's exactly what Walt said above.
    I dislike the man immensely but I'm not so deluded as to think it would have been better with the other one  in office or that removing him will solve any problems.
      November 30, 2017 9:44 AM MST

Removing him will solve one problem..him. That would be a start. With him there chaos and misery is on the table 24/7. Is he delusional/crazy/evil? I dunno. SIGH. Thank you for your reply BA. I'm not a fan of Hillary's but I voted for her.  Lesser of two evils. But you are totally correct. There is no guarantee we wouldn't be in worse straits or as bad..they'd just be different I guess  so we just have to ride this out until a miracle occurs and he is gone. Happy Friday! :)
      December 1, 2017 3:12 AM MST

Said to be best golf player of 44 previous presidents anyway. See what has unfolded at end of his second term.

Second term?? What made me say THAT?
      November 30, 2017 11:57 AM MST

I dunno sweetie but take it back! Please.  He cheats at golf I've read. But he plays all the time and he has a zillion golf courses all over the world. I read that  of the time he has been in office he has spent 80 days at his golf resorts..100 days at his properties. He dissed Obama for playing golf and bragged that if he were prez he wouldn't  have the time. What bullsh**! Ah well there aren't words enough in any language to fully describe the degree of his despicability. Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Friday! I wonder what incredibly stupid thing he will say/do today?
      December 1, 2017 3:15 AM MST

I would not doubt a good many Trump supporters are fans of televangelists -they have always liked having their ears tickled and their brains pickled. Trump is kind of like the same kind of icon for them.
    Trump forever! 
      December 1, 2017 11:01 AM MST

Second term? One  can only hope.
      December 1, 2017 5:49 AM MST

Me too, pretty indifferent, partly for thinking American presidents don't influence all that much.

Everyone else keeps playing their games, and I very much dislike Hillary too since Libya.  There's been a lot going on about all sorts of chaos since Trump's election (and he certainly has continued saying ridiculous stuff), but I feel like it's perpetuated by the media and government because it actually suits them just fine.

I'm not giving in to the polarization either way, in which I'm supported by my general skepticism of politics and the average human's intelligence.
      November 30, 2017 12:28 PM MST

Emotionally you remain at arm's length DG. Intellectually you don't really care. I think you are naive however (no disrespect intended) to think that he won't influence you. What happens if nuclear war breaks out? Don't you think that will affect the entire world?  Anyway average human intelligence is what the folks who elected him have. I wouldn't be so proud of it. In fact I am embarrassed by it. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 1, 2017 4:43 AM MST
      December 1, 2017 3:18 AM MST

I care very much about integrity, morality, responsibility and the related; not seeing much of them--and not seeing them prioritized--in politics is why I have very little interest in the latter. I really don't think nuclear war is going to break out anytime soon, or that Trump brings us closer to it (in fact, I reckon he's more temperate than his public demeanor obviously suggests: "a barking dog..." and all that). It's another of those things I would classify as exaggerated by many media, which the institutions at play take gladly.

Thanks, Rosie, and Happy Friday to you too!
      December 1, 2017 4:48 AM MST

Well m'dear from your lips to heaven's ears ("I really don't think nuclear war is going to break out anytime soon").  As for being a barking dog? I think that is most intemperate and absolutely out of place for the President of the United States. I disagree with thee that he is "more temperate than his public demeanor obviously suggests". There is word that within the walls of the White House Trump is disintegrating. He now insists that Obama is not an American citizen and that it was not Trump's voice on the Access Hollywood tape. He says this to his staff, no tongue in cheek, no nod and wink. The delusion becomes his reality. I don't know how much press coverage you get or pay attention to but more and more medical experts are weighing in on the degree of his mental decline. He is not rational. You're welcome  and thanks for the Happy Friday!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 1, 2017 5:23 AM MST
      December 1, 2017 4:57 AM MST

He's the best at being the worst president we've ever had.

What is truly problematic is that he is apparently trying to set a record for being the worst and setting the bar so low that no one will ever be able to get under it.
      December 1, 2017 9:33 AM MST