Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What sort of ideology do you think the overzealously right wing people have up their sleeve that they want to totally crush the left?

What sort of ideology do you think the overzealously right wing people have up their sleeve that they want to totally crush the left?

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

That they and their ilk are “better Christians” than those they consider “the left”, people who disagree with them. 
      December 2, 2017 5:47 AM MST

'Better Christians'.. whatever that means. Well it seems apparent that secular societies generally fare better than 'Christian' or any other kind of religeous societies do.
      December 2, 2017 6:16 AM MST

Yes indeed. 
    One’s position, no matter what it is, is considered enhanced when they can insinuate claims of being right with their savior.
    Same goes for the Islamic world. 

History supports what you’re saying about secular societies. But yet secularism, according to no less than Pope Francis, is “the biggest threat to our world”.  How incredibly self-serving and ironic. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 2, 2017 7:52 AM MST
      December 2, 2017 6:33 AM MST

It's most likely similar to the sort of ideology that the overzealously left-wing people have up their sleeves that they want to use to completely crush the right.

Politics as usual. 
    ~
      December 2, 2017 6:32 AM MST

What are the proposals of overly zealous left-wingers? Insist that all women have abortions and attempt to outlaw any religion? Forbid heterosexuals to marry and only allow people of different races to breed? 
      December 2, 2017 7:02 AM MST

Regardless of party, ideology, mindset, etc, all politically-based perspectives have the potential for zealotry. Not one of them is "better" than the others on its face; each has aspects that are positive and aspects that are negative. There's no such thing as an absolute or pure political stance, because any opponent of it can point out valid flaws.  To vilify or demonize one over another merely due to being its member ignores the fact that each may have its good aspects and bad aspects. I don't pretend that everything snluberal stands for is automatically good or automatically bad, and the same goes for conservatives. 
    ~
      December 2, 2017 7:10 AM MST

I see what you're saying. However, it's the far-right's practice of vilifying and demonizing everyone who doesn't agree with their ideology that most of us on the left have a problem with.

I do recognize the hypocrisy. I do struggle trying to not judge those who are judgmental.  
      December 2, 2017 7:46 AM MST

Yes well the left slogan is 'sanity for humanity' ..sounds good to me.
      December 2, 2017 7:10 AM MST

Slogans are an apt example of what I referred to above. Taken in its simplest form, that slogan of those three words can be used by any party to promote its message. Those who agree with the party's position(s) will agree with the slogan, those who are opposed to the party will disagree with the slogan. 
    ~
      December 2, 2017 7:17 AM MST

No desire to "crush the left" but rather to bring them down to earth and get them thinking and acting practically again. 
      December 2, 2017 7:15 AM MST

How incredibly ironic. It's those on the left who actually care about the earth and being practical when it comes to our actions that affect it! 

The right is only concerned about the alleged "heavens"!!
      December 2, 2017 7:51 AM MST

Plenty of folks on the right would claim the same thing.
      December 2, 2017 8:05 AM MST

Yes. It's practical to believe that "God" will suddenly provide a brand new planet and more resources. ;)
      December 2, 2017 8:11 AM MST

They wouldn't necessarily invoke God. That's just your political bias coming through.
      December 2, 2017 8:18 AM MST

Lol! 
      December 2, 2017 9:36 PM MST

Left and right can be beneficial for each other I think. 
      December 2, 2017 9:14 AM MST

They are like low-grade, low-level thinkers who behave in such manner.

However, it is quite apparent that when one side PUSHES the other side PUSHES back.

Trump, has trouble backing the Left and always takes the side of the right.  Therein lies the biggest trouble.

He is so obnoxious even the right wants to replace him.

Sad.  But TRUE.

I'm going to be posting this one a lot.  Bear with me.

Keith Olbermann signs off.

I am confident now, even more so than I have been throughout the last year, that this nightmare presidency of Donald John Trump will end prematurely—and end soon. And I am thus also confident that this is the correct moment to end this series of commentaries.

The important stuff first.

There are seven routes in front of Trump. Each, inevitably, ends in his impeachment or resignation. The first, the likeliest, became a thousand times more likely with the Thanksgiving news of a possible deal between Robert Mueller and General Michael Flynn.

As I reported here as long ago as April 4, the most specifically qualified expert alive on the subject of prosecuting a president, my friend, the Nixon White Counsel John Dean, put it to me very simply. Mueller is not shooting down. Mueller does not make a deal with Flynn to get Paul Manafort. He does not make a deal with Flynn to get Jared Kushner. He does not make a deal with Flynn to get Trump Jr.

Mueller makes a deal with Flynn… to get Donald Trump. Period.

The Flynn deal report suggests Mueller has completely assembled the backbone of his case and is now just hanging the meat from it. And just as importantly, if Flynn has merely considered a deal from Mueller, it almost necessarily means Flynn either doesn’t believe he would get a pardon from Trump, or that Mueller—as I’ve also reported here— has succeeded in finding a way around Trump’s pardon power, and either of these near-certainties spell Trump’s doom.

So that’s the most obvious of the seven ways for Trump to go. Mueller really will get him on Russia. It will be ugly and it will tear this country nearly apart, but it will be necessary.

The second way is—as I’ve also repeatedly suggested here—that Mueller doesn’t really need to prove anything about Trump and Russian sabotage of the election. There seems to be so much obstruction of justice, from the firing of James Comey to the lies about Trump Jr.’s meeting with the Russians, that it’s hard to pick out a key player in the Trump inner circle who couldn’t be guilty of it. Trump could be impeached on just obstruction of justice and a few lesser charges. Nixon was about to be. Or, there is the third way. We could be spared the trauma of a Russia impeachment or an obstruction of justice impeachment—as we were spared it with Nixon—if Trump is smart or just sufficiently scared and he resigns. Or if he isn’t, those around him who could still save themselves by selling him out, will force him to resign.

A modified version of this is, of course, the fourth possible outcome: that even if Mueller is months away from his denouement, the Republicans will impeach or remove Trump by spring purely to save their own asses.

Continued in next answer.   I could not get the rest of this to past here. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 2, 2017 9:15 AM MST
      December 2, 2017 9:05 AM MST

The state elections in Virginia and Oklahoma earlier this month show what could face Republican incumbents nationwide next November. Not only were Democratic victories overwhelming, but half of them were little morality plays: the 26-year old lesbian beats the Republican in the district Trump won by nearly 40 points a year ago. The transgender candidate in Virginia beats the guy who wrote an anti-equality bathroom bill. The boyfriend of a news reporter shot to death on camera beats the Republican, pro N.R.A. candidate.

I’ll say it again. Richard Nixon was not forced out of office by Democrats; not really even by Watergate. Democrats controlled the Senate and House every day that Nixon was president. They could’ve impeached him at any point. He resigned when the leading Republicans went into the White House and told him that not only would he be impeached and convicted, but he would take all of them down with him and they weren’t going to let him do that.
      December 2, 2017 9:10 AM MST