Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I'm CERTAIN many Americans who care about such things are APOPLECTIC about Megan Markle's ethnic heritage. What about you Brits?

I'm CERTAIN many Americans who care about such things are APOPLECTIC about Megan Markle's ethnic heritage. What about you Brits?

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

Sorry, my dictionary has no clean explaination of 'apoplectic'.
      December 2, 2017 5:06 PM MST

ap·o·plec·tic
    ˌapəˈplektik/
    adjectiveinformal
    adjective: apoplectic

overcome with anger; extremely indignant.
    "Mark was apoplectic with rage at the decision"
    dated
    relating to or denoting apoplexy (stroke).
    "an apoplectic attack"

Go in your search bar* and type in apoplectic definition and hit the arrow to search.   I think after using a computer for years you would have learned that one.
      December 3, 2017 7:45 AM MST

Thanx. However, I have become cautious in any  'new function use' based on all the trouble and EXPENSE I have had in the past with this thing while trying to work it. I have no instruction manual and it probably wouldn't matter. 
      December 3, 2017 8:04 AM MST

It would appear that they are actually related from way back in the 16th century but only if you assume that Charles is indeed Harry's father.
      December 2, 2017 5:34 PM MST

Really we care?

i DON'T even care about my own lineage.  This is a chart for racists who want to remain whitey.

This is why people hate the English.
      December 3, 2017 7:47 AM MST

WHOA! Is this for real? If so how amazing is that? Snall world doesn't begin to cover it. Thank you for going to so much trouble to answer this question Charlie's Angel. I surely do appreciate it. If we go back far enough aren't we all related? Happy Monday! :)
      January 15, 2018 12:11 PM MST

Ideally he should have found a virgin with a bit more blue blood in her, but these are in short supply currently. I'm not fussed about her ethnic background. It is disappointing but not surprising given the role models in the previous generation of royals that he has chosen a divorcee. 

If there is a split as seems quite possible, the lawyers especially the US ones will have a field day mainly at the UK taxpayers'
    expense. 

This post was edited by Malizz at January 15, 2018 12:12 PM MST
      December 3, 2017 7:28 AM MST

Ideally we marry for love.

I guess the English would rather sit in their fake lives and pretend they have it all because their spouse is lilly white and perfect.

That house was filled with scandal since time began.  So, Ideally,. they should learn to get real and be human and not some figureheads with no real lives at all.

It killed Princess Di.  It destroyed her.  And she was the RIGHT STUFF for the throne, no?  All nice and white and perfect?  Too bad Charlie had hot pants for a PERFECT drunk but at least she is white right?  At least she is not mixed blood. She is pure alcohol.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 3, 2017 7:52 AM MST
      December 3, 2017 7:50 AM MST

Pure alcohol!  You're killing me Sharonna! 
      December 3, 2017 8:11 AM MST

Marrying for love is fine for commoners. Royals should be made of sterner stuff. Unfortunately the House of Windsor has slipped up.

For all the PR, Diana was not really ideal as she came from a broken home .  

December 3, 2017 9:08 AM MST

Oh really?  What is this?  Game of Thrones?

They are not a power.  They are a house that died years ago as far as power is concerned.  The only power they have is wealth.  Which, of course, is the ultimate power, but that is all they offer.  No one pays Kings and Queens in England any mind except for the fact that they are figureheads.  Wooowie I met the QUEEN.   Who really cares?

Obviously there are those that disagree:

Another thing to mention is the RF is the single largest tourism draw in the country. Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Windsor, what-have-you would not attract anywhere near the amount of tourist dollars (projected to be over 1/4 Trillion Pounds by 2025) if it weren't for the delicious fact that real Royals still live/use those places.

This isn't a light conjecture either; aside from Americans, Canadians, and Australians (who've never had royal families of their own), millions of tourists from other nations which formerly had royals (French, Germans etc.) are still enamored with a living, breathing Royal Family.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 3, 2017 9:26 AM MST
      December 3, 2017 9:09 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Malizz. I think LOVE in all circumstances beats hate. Period. So whether it is differences due to gender or ethnicity or religion or politics what difference should it make? It's entirely up to the folks who love. Period. Thank you for your reply. A blueblood virgin?  Why? Would that make her more worthy of him? Is that what you seriously think?
      January 15, 2018 12:16 PM MST

I and presumably yourself are merely commoners and do not require to meet royal standards. We are entitled to our own opinions of the latter but we have limited practical significance. The standards have clearly shifted since the days of Edward VIII.

I have stated neutrality on ethnicity as it is calculated to generate heat/hate. On religion, the relevance is that he is potentially head of the Church of England. On politics, the convention is that royalty maintain a neutral stance at least in public.

Anyway, whatever the ideal is, exceptions can readily spring to mind. 
    This post was edited by Malizz at January 16, 2018 5:35 AM MST
      January 16, 2018 5:35 AM MST

I have no issues with her biracial heritage, though, I do not think she is Royal material. She has already shown her arse on more than one occasion, and Harry's cousins have dubbed her Princess Pushy. Harry has always been my favorite of the two boys, and I think he deserves someone who is honest and truly loves him and I don't think she is or does. 
      January 16, 2018 6:15 AM MST

Who is she?   What is wrong with her ethnic heritage?
      January 16, 2018 6:27 AM MST