Active Now

Echooos
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » YOU booked a non-sexual massage. NON-SEXUAL. Now what part of your body needs the most work that can be worked on non-sexually?

YOU booked a non-sexual massage. NON-SEXUAL. Now what part of your body needs the most work that can be worked on non-sexually?

Posted - December 3, 2017

Responses

• My inner thigh.
      December 3, 2017 2:29 PM MST

OKAY.  Then lie down and let me PROPERLY DRAPE YOUR NAUGHTY BITS AND I'LL Get to work.

That will be about $50 an hour by the way, so I would hope you had more than just that to do. 

If you have quads that are tight, the sartorius muscle can be  a culprit as well as the hamstrings in the back or the glutes.

So, come on over and we'll get busy.  I take Visa, Mastercard and cash.
      December 3, 2017 2:42 PM MST

Oh and the psoas muscle needs some work too probably
      December 3, 2017 2:43 PM MST

I'm an avid runner, so it's always buttocks, thighs, calves, ankles, heels and toes. 
    ~
      December 3, 2017 2:44 PM MST

Thank you, Rand.

I think a good Russian Sports massage would be your best bet.

December 3, 2017 3:02 PM MST

Thanks, Coach!
       ~
      December 3, 2017 3:03 PM MST

Here it is....

Russian Massage, also known as a Russian Sports Massage, focuses on somewhat vigorous techniques that will relieve muscle aches, various pains, and stiffness common to athletes.

However, unlike a typical Sports Massage, the strokes are generally slower and have gentler motions. The use of friction stimulates a heating effect in the body and, when combined with outer vibration techniques, it’s useful for easing sore muscles and joints. While cold restricts blood vessels and organs, heat relaxes and expands them, aiding the body and mind to affectively release tension.

Helpful for use alongside other forms of physical rehabilitation, Russia developed early forms of this type of massage back in the late 1700s, though it was virtually unknown to other countries until the 1980s. It’s sometimes comically portrayed alongside other Russian massage techniques, such as in the movie Last Holiday where the older concepts of “twigging” with birch branches and using hot/cold water almost sound torturous.

These techniques and their effectiveness are easily misunderstood until you delve into the beliefs behind these ideas. Medical practitioners largely accept the use of therapeutic hot/cold treatments nowadays, but the use of birch braches is more difficult to justify. However, just as we prize chamomile and lavender for its favorable herbal properties, birch was regarded as possessing incredibly healing medical benefits as well. Beyond that, it was considered a good way to create a deep friction. Originally used as a regular part of medicine, one still needed to have a prescription by a physician or be an athlete to get these basic massage treatments.

By mid-18th century, Dr. Mudrow introduced a more classic form of massage in Russia, strongly believing that it was a highly effectual and important part of treating any illness. Massage, or “manual therapy” as it was also known, was even used on infants to aid proper development of the mind, bones, muscles, and overall health. Infant massage is not an entirely foreign concept. However, in its Russian form the focus is less on soothing and relaxing strokes and more about fast, yet gentle methods where each part of the body is massaged, including a focus on the spine.

While the rest of the world advanced its medicine with electronics in the 19th century, Russia held fast with its original beliefs that including massage with other medicine was still effective. It is still maintained that massage not only benefits the external, but the internal body as well. Even during World War II, respected Russian physicians continued to use massage in treatment of wounded soldiers.

Nowadays, massage is still regarded as an important part of medicine in Russia and many people firmly believe in the importance of detoxification via saunas/massage to keep a strong immune system. It is still regarded well at hospitals and inpatient medical spas as well, believed to aid any number of ailments and/or dysfunctions. Scientists continue to study and research this form of medicine while still holding onto their original beliefs about massage.

It’s important to remember that this form of massage is definitely not limited to sports, as anyone with sore/tight muscles can experience relief. Additionally, people with respiratory and digestion issues can greatly benefit from Russian Massage. Additionally, its invigorating strokes can even give a significant boost to a slow metabolism, aiding diets and proper absorption of nutrients.
    FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestStumbleUponRedditLinkedInShare
      December 3, 2017 3:05 PM MST

My neck, shoulders, mid-and lower back.
      December 3, 2017 3:11 PM MST

That is the most common of areas.

Everyone who came into the Spa had this issue it seemed.  Since we all live in front of a computer, the head goes forward, the shoulders rotate medially toward the chest.  We hunch and don't realize we are pulling all the upper back and neck muscles.

We sit in chairs that are usually not ergonomically correct which leads to further pain in upper and lower back.

Here is what I would suggest.  Lie on your bed crosswise ( I give this one out a lot and most people say it works)  Lie on your back.  Make sure your body is off the mattress from the shoulder blades and so the head is hanging down.   Like a back bend with some nice control.

Stay that way for at least a minute and then build up to at least 10 minutes.  It feels good.  This is not exercise where you HAVE to put up with pain and exhaustion.  This is just a nice stretch where you need it and relaxing the muscles in the meantime so they can stretch further.  It works wonders.

Your arms should be hanging down towards the floor.  Your body should have enough still on the bed so that you are not feeling like you are sliding off at all.

Just stretch and let go.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 5, 2017 9:04 AM MST
      December 3, 2017 5:20 PM MST

My husband has one of those things where you hang up side down, he says it helps. 
      December 4, 2017 5:28 AM MST

Well, now I know why my current sex partner who is a few credits short of being a licensed masseur, won't give me a massage with a happy ending.  He keeps blathering on about ethics and stuff.  My vag still needs a good massage.  :-(

Okay, my entire back really needs attention.  Thank you.
      December 3, 2017 3:59 PM MST

There is NO way I would ever EVER engage in anything sexual during a massage.  No.

I am very serious about healing and sexual healing is WONDERFUL but it does not correspond to my work and your boyfriend's.

I think he should incorporate what feels good when love making maybe, but never on a massage table or during a normal massage 

We just do NOT ever go there.   It's kind of like being a grade school teacher and coming home and expecting your boyfriend to dress up like a student so you can screw.   Ewwwwwwwwwwww. 

It doesn't mix.

It's just asking for trouble.

Okay.  I think I overmade my point here.  But the back?  You might want to try the thing I suggested to Spunky above. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 3, 2017 5:31 PM MST
      December 3, 2017 5:25 PM MST

I think I need to clarify.  He's not my boyfriend.  He's just a sex partner.  And, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

But, thanks, I'll read your reply to Spunky.
      December 3, 2017 5:33 PM MST

The back and right shoulder. Osteoarthritis is a b*tch.
      December 4, 2017 12:46 AM MST

I don't think I would ever book a massage because I am one of those people who is squeamish about being touched. My personal trainer has showed me various ways of self-myofascial release using a lacrosse ball and foam roller, as well as stretches and exercises. It has really helped so I know that massage would be great for those who can enjoy it.
      December 4, 2017 4:54 AM MST

I broke my collarbone and seriously cracked a few ribs and broke one when I was 17 in a motorcycle accident.  At that time, I'm not sure there was a correct way to set a collarbone and ribs, well, they hurt like there was no tomorrow.  This led to a bump on right collarbone and my shoulder to not set correctly.  
    I am very active in my lifestyle, work and hobbies. This sometimes puts a tremendous strain on my right shoulder.  As much as I try to have correct posture, my right shoulder rolls forward.  It seems there is nothing I can do about that because of the way my collarbone healed.  I don't know if my rib breakage had anything to do with my posture.  
    I also seem to have permanent shin splints from being a distance runner and working on hard floors.  I'm sure not wearing proper shoes doesn't help my shins. 
    All in all, my right shoulder under the shoulder blade and my chins.

December 5, 2017 9:23 AM MST