Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Shuhak
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Baseball, basketball, football, soccer, skiing, track, golf, tennis, et al. Achieving being the best there is in which sport is hardest?

Baseball, basketball, football, soccer, skiing, track, golf, tennis, et al. Achieving being the best there is in which sport is hardest?

Posted - December 8, 2017

Responses

Baseball, hands down. There's nothing more difficult to do than hit a ball traveling nearly 100 mph with a round bat.
      January 17, 2018 9:46 AM MST

• I'm going with hockey. First, you have to learn the martial arts and use them regularly. Then you have to accept the fact that your body is just a magnet for sticks and pucks. If you're queasy at the sight of blood, you just have to get over it. After all, it's just yours and there's more where that came from.
      January 17, 2018 10:25 AM MST

In my opinion, for what it's worth, the hardest to learn to get good enough to make the big bucks would be baseball and strangely enough, golf.
      February 4, 2018 2:58 AM MST

My Jim plays both tennis and golf and golf is the game that seems most challenging, complex and frustrating but also rewarding. I would never be able to do it. First of all it takes enormous patience which I do not have. Then it takes dedication and paying attention to so many details. There are a trillion things you have to think about. You don't just go out there and hit the balls. There are instruction shows galore and even the greatest pros have off-days. Do you play golf? Thank you for your reply ru! :)
      February 4, 2018 3:03 AM MST

I tried playing golf but it was a disaster. Like you said, there's to many things you have to do just so to get that tiny ball to do what you want it too. I could use an entire tree and still miss the ball. I'd much rather kick back and watch the pros play. :)
      February 4, 2018 3:13 AM MST

I hear ya! I do enjoy watching the tournaments...both golf and tennis. Of course I don't notice all the things that Jim does since I'm not a player but I sometimes even watch them when he's not home! Some of the shots are incredible to watch. They almost look like "trick" shots. I don't really have a favorite pro in golf but in tennis it's Roger Federer. Are you a tennis fan? Thank you for your reply ru! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 4, 2018 3:34 AM MST
      February 4, 2018 3:18 AM MST

I'm not a fan of tennis so much but I do like to watch a good match. Roger Federer makes it even more interesting. Their stamina is a thing to behold. Just like soccer. I get tired just watching em. I used to enjoy watching Tiger Woods play golf but his life took a detour and his downfall happened fast. I always like Jack Nicholas too. Believe it or not I loved to watch bowling on television. Earl Anthony, Mark Roth, and some others. I was never really good at bowling but I was part of a team that would get together with other teams every Friday morning after work. It was good clean fun.
      February 4, 2018 3:33 AM MST

You may have heard that Roger won his 20th major at the Australian Open last month. He is 36 and at some point will be retiring. Last year he won in Australia and then at Wimbledon. We're hoping he repeats that feat this year taking him to 21 majors! He may be the greatest tennis player of all time. Tiger sure screwed up his life. He is/was probably the greatest golfer of all time but his utter lack of morals derailed him and he will never get that back. He may come back and win a few more tournaments but he's older now and others currently on the scene are incredibly good. Character matters no matter whom you are or what you do with your life.   Oh! About bowling? I bowled a few times when I was a youngster and my HIGH SCORE was 44! No I'm not kidding. So you see an athlete I'm not! Thank you for your reply ru! :)
      February 4, 2018 3:39 AM MST

Yup, I did hear and read about his 20th major and I was genuinely glad and happy for him. The man is a force to be reckoned with in tennis. I agree about Tiger Woods and his morals. That seems to be a big problem for many regardless of what sport they play. I learned how to bowl from and Earl Anthony instructional tape. He was considered the greatest bowler in history. My highest game was a 245 which I pulled off only once, and my lowest was about 100 which I did more often than not. :) The important thing for me was that I was able to get together and have fun with a bunch of friends. Good memories for sure.
      February 4, 2018 12:30 PM MST

Oh my goodness ru! 300 is a PERFECT game and you bowled a 245? I am hugely impressed! In the early days of TV I recall a show featuring bowlers and tournaments. Maybe there is still one on somewhere.It was fun to watch. I'm not athletic in any sense but I do enjoying watching those who excel at any sport. Coordination is important of course and I'm not. Thank you for the kind words about Roger. He seems to be a very good, kind, gracious person and we hope he can win more majors so when he retires his achievement will stand for years before someone comes along and breaks the record. .
      February 5, 2018 3:15 AM MST