Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » When you were a child, were you a child? ~

When you were a child, were you a child? ~

Posted - December 9, 2017

Responses

That was the only time in my life when I enjoyed  eating worms and bugs and things like that. 
      December 9, 2017 6:05 AM MST

Which means that when you eat them nowadays, it's a chore, not a pleasure. Non apetit, mon ami!

~
      December 9, 2017 7:50 AM MST

They are harder to catch because of my bad eyesight. 
      December 9, 2017 11:51 AM MST

Yes.
      December 9, 2017 6:06 AM MST

Of course...And I still am.
      December 9, 2017 6:11 AM MST

Randy, your question makes me think of my parents' generation(babyboomers) my own generation,  and future generations. When my parents' were children, they went outside to play and were gone all day. When Adam Walsh was kidnapped  in the late 1980s, it brought attention to keeping an eye on your children and brought a level of fear to society. Children weren't allowed  to go outside without supervision. Children stayed inside a lot more. Children had to be cautious of strangers and were taught how to react in dangerous situations. The world became a scary place.

This post was edited by ally at December 9, 2017 10:11 PM MST
      December 9, 2017 9:02 AM MST

Not for nearly long enough. 

I'm making up for it now, though. :)
      December 9, 2017 9:55 AM MST

When I was a child, yes.  I think I had a childhood.  I learned how to swim before I knew how to walk and loved it.  I liked to roll down the hill in the park and sled in the snow.  I cried like the dickens when I lost my goodie.  I put everything I could grab my little hands and tried to eat it.  I loved to swing and liked everything that had fur.  I learned how to fly a kite and  how to say please and thank you. I watched all the Christmas specials, as I try to still do today.  I felt all the magic in the world.  Yes.  I was a child when I was young.  It wasn't all bells and whistles but hey, being a child and being a teen is supposed to be different :) ;)
      December 9, 2017 10:30 PM MST