Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is your IDEAL way to spend the day? Why?

What is your IDEAL way to spend the day? Why?

Posted - December 9, 2017

Responses

Weather permitting;  maintain the house and mow the lawn. Fool around in the garden. Walk in the woods, sometimes followed by the cat.  This site gets visited daily, sometimes deep into the night. The thing that bothers me about spending time here is that I don't get any exercise.  One day I won't be here anymore. I will just clog up my heart and expire! 
      December 9, 2017 7:53 AM MST

You have to sit sometime bh. You can't be on the go 24/7. I think it's good to kick back, relax, smell the roses for awhile. I'm here early and leave early. I don't know what goes on here during late morning, afternoon or evening. I'm doing other things. But we rise early. We are retired so unless we have appointments out our time is our own to spend however we choose. Jim usually has on his earphones watching TV..either golf or tennis instruction shows or actual competitions. He plays golf and tennis of course. He has his coffee and breakfast in a leisurely way. I'm on the computer but I multitask. I fix the coffee and our breakfast and then wash clothes or pay bills or plan what I'm going to cook for the day and do some prep along the way. Of course my time on the computer also includes responding to emails and playing a great Scrabble-like game called  Bespelled. I'm actually addicted to it! I also have different poker games Jim put on the computer for me but when I play it is always OFFLINE. I also research stuff. If we've watched an historical movie I always Google it to see how close what we saw corresponds to reality. I look up recipes sometimes. So you have woods close by where you can walk? Lucky you! Is your garden mainly for appearances (flowers) or is it edible (food)?  Do you have a green thumb? What's your favorite thing to grow if you do grow vegetables? We have a friend whose goal it is to grow 75% of the food he and his wife eat. He grows all sorts of vegetables and has lots of different fruit trees. I think he said they're about at 60%. Impressive isn't it? Thank you for your reply bh. Sounds like you have a fine home there! :)
      December 9, 2017 8:09 AM MST

Yes, I have my own woods. With trails. I walk every day. The garden is rather large, and requires more time than I wish to allocate. The original plan was to grow vegetables to win ribbons at the county fair. I still do that. However, flowers are not edible. I always grow some flowers in honor of my grandmother, who grew such a variety of blooms in her day. Like granny did back in the 40s & 50s, I buy mail order seeds from R.H.Shumway, seedsman. 
      December 10, 2017 1:22 PM MST

• "I like to get up in the wee hours of the morning and spend six to eight hours writing about something I don't like."
      December 9, 2017 7:56 AM MST

As in...answering these questions?
      December 9, 2017 9:45 AM MST

• Very good!
      December 10, 2017 12:46 PM MST

Sit on my butt, drink beer and watch re-runs of NCIS.
      December 9, 2017 9:45 AM MST