Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Women are pretty and men are handsome. Period. Why? Ever see a pretty man or a handsome woman? Examples?

Women are pretty and men are handsome. Period. Why? Ever see a pretty man or a handsome woman? Examples?

Posted - December 12, 2017

Responses

• I'm a pretty boy :)

But seriously, I think when people say those things, they are admiring traits in a person that may be more commonly associated with the other gender. In my case, I have some facial features that are more commonly associated with femininity, like a rounder face and fuller lips. That said, I don't think anyone has ever used the word "pretty" to describe me, unless they were saying "pretty annoying". :P
      December 12, 2017 10:13 AM MST

Well that may be true for others but as far as I'm concerned you have NEVER annoyed me NevanB. Through all these years starting on Answerbag. I don't know why you would annoy folks unless they deserved it. Now  I thought Tyrone Power and Brad Pitt were quite "pretty". They were hunks of course but their features were somewhat refined. I think Sophia Loren is very handsome. Not pretty at all. Her features are very strong and definitive. I think Elizabeth Taylor was pretty beautiful. Nicole Kidman is very pretty Delicate features. Thank you for your nifty reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      December 12, 2017 10:25 AM MST

Well, yes. My gf was talking to a handsome woman who was president of a paving company. She asked her to look at her driveway. Pres Lady said "I'll be happy to look at your driveway, but the paving that I do is more on the order of ... airports."
      December 12, 2017 4:42 PM MST

Justin Dweeber is a pretty boy. It's not a compliment.
      December 12, 2017 5:18 PM MST