Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Can a man be a SLUT or is it only women who qualify? Why?

Can a man be a SLUT or is it only women who qualify? Why?

Posted - December 12, 2017

Responses

I wouldnt call a man or a woman a SLUT at any time. I have more manners than that!
      December 12, 2017 12:14 PM MST

Women only according to the dictionary. Men can be 'mimbos' though.
      December 12, 2017 12:30 PM MST

I had a buddy who qualified as a male slut. He claimed over 1000 bedded women. In fact, one of his wedding nights had his wife working her regular night shift while he was celebrating his wedding night in another woman's bed!  Then another time he had some sort of agreement between a husband and wife. He would 'make love' to the wife to show how good he was while the husband drove his car around the outside of the house. Makes no sense! He also 'stole' my girlfriend. Of course, this is when we were 13-14 years old. I didn't mind since I wasn't really too interested in her anyway. When they were a little older, they got married and had kids. I don't recall how many times he was married.
      December 12, 2017 12:42 PM MST

Geez bh he sure sounds like a real winner! NOT! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      December 13, 2017 3:22 AM MST

• "No" ... Slut is generally a term for a woman or girl and is rarely used to refer to men, generally requiring clarification by use of the terms male slut or man whore.
      December 12, 2017 4:16 PM MST

Slut was originally a term for a lazy woman with poor standards of cleanliness - a man with those attributes was called a slob and still is. Like "gay", the definition has become sexually charged over time.
    It's a common lament that "slut has no male equivalent", as a man who has multiple casual partners is held up as something of a paragon, a man to be admired. Indeed, if a man doesn't have a preference for generalized carnage in both his professional and social life, there must be something "wrong" with him. He's a sissy, a wimp. Lousy in bed, so nobody wants him.
    Attitudes are changing, but it will be a long time before they even approach parity.
      December 12, 2017 4:46 PM MST

Thank you a lot for the informative reply Sbf .  It is quite nifty in fact. Happy Wednesday! :)   Different subject. On Answerbag did you chat with Elizabeth perchance? She and her husband are planning a trip to Sydney and New Zealand so they'll be down under soon. Your neck of the world. You are in your summer, right?                         
      December 13, 2017 3:06 AM MST

A man can be a slut as well as a b1tch, but I prefer to call them spoogebag$. 
      December 12, 2017 10:14 PM MST

WHOA! I LOVE it!  You coined that word my friend? SPOOGEBAG$? You are creative. I'm gonna maybe "borrow" it sometimes if its ok with you. Writing it makes me giggle. I just said it out loud and it tickles me to say it too. I don't know when or how you came up with it but kudos to you PC! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      December 13, 2017 3:02 AM MST

I've never seen it in print anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's not out there somewhere. 

Please, feel free to use it at your discretion. ;)
      December 13, 2017 9:13 AM MST