Active Now

my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Have you considered looking at an alternate source of news? Its worth a peek see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en9OUUuucjI&feature=push-s

Have you considered looking at an alternate source of news? Its worth a peek see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en9OUUuucjI&feature=push-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en9OUUuucjI&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=w_-oEgJOpP1wTpq9-6

Posted - December 12, 2017

Responses

A bit too long for my ADD. Jones sounds like Rush Limbaugh with a dirty crack pipe.
      December 12, 2017 2:08 PM MST

I have AD H D. SO my hyperactivity can take a fellow hyper person pretty well. LOL
      December 12, 2017 7:29 PM MST

Your flick is like fluttering a deck of cards in my face. That's hard to take. And how does that relate to your question?
      December 12, 2017 4:26 PM MST

I do not watch network TV, it was made for the devil and the communists.
      December 12, 2017 8:47 PM MST

I've checked out a good many alternative news sources, including AJ.  They all get the same consideration as the MSM from me...a high degree of skepticism with the recognition that there are nuggets of truth to be found once one delves through the bias.  I haven't yet found any (mainstream or alternative) that simply lay out the news, accurately distinguishing between that which is factual from the merely probable, possible, alleged, or speculated, and do so without adding, subtracting, and/or spinning.  I do not automatically dismiss anyone's links/sources, nor do I completely trust any one source. 

There was a local story I had followed for years here that went national and even got international attention early last year.  Having followed it locally for so long, and delved into it pretty extensively, I had a pretty good handle on the facts.  On several websites I found myself being "informed" by many who had little to no grasp of the facts, but blindly swallowed and regurgitated the spin from their favorite MSM 30-second sound bites.  I decided to do a comparison and checked all the major MSM sources, both left and right-leaning, as well as several alternative sources.  The bottom line was that not a single one got it right.  I was even discussing it in two different threads of a single post with a conservative and a leftist.  Each made erroneous assumptions about my political persuasion, calling me every horrid name they could think of for their opposition and insisted that they - who neither live here nor had ever looked beyond their favorite source for factual information - knew better than I, as they both ignored my links to actual documents and studies and factual historical records. 

It takes a lot of time and effort to research the facts and no one can single-handedly do it for all subjects of import to them.  Personally, I try to avoid knee-jerk reactions to stories, research those items I find most important to me, and do not automatically close the door on other opinions or sources offered on topics I have not researched.

As far as Alex Jones...he covers a lot most do not, so I do check him out sometimes.  His early work is much easier to watch, as he now often becomes loud, hyperbolic, and talks over his guests - which I find annoying...but there is truth to be found in his work, too.

As always...JMHO
      December 12, 2017 11:23 PM MST