Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Have you ever loved someone who abused you in any way? If you have children did they witness it? How could you allow it?

Have you ever loved someone who abused you in any way? If you have children did they witness it? How could you allow it?

Posted - December 14, 2017

Responses

Yes and I learned that abuse is not love.   No I didn't have children thank God. 
      December 14, 2017 8:09 AM MST

I echo that. Thank God you had no children to witness it. I'm sorry you had that horrendous experience. Thank you for your reply og and Happy Friday to thee!  :)
      December 15, 2017 5:32 AM MST

• I did love someone who was physically abusive at times.
    My son did see it and I did leave her one time because of it.
    Then I felt bad for my son after I would drop him off with her so I ended up going back to her so I could take care of him.

We're not together anymore and my son is a bit older now, but that was a rough time for sure.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 15, 2017 5:33 AM MST
      December 14, 2017 11:34 AM MST

Condolences m'dear. I'm so sorry you experienced that and even sorrier that your son witnessed any of it. Was she mentally defective? That is not NORMAL. Thank you for your reply Truthseeker and Happy Friday! :) Does your son ever visit her? Not alone I hope. Is she still wacky abusive?
      December 15, 2017 5:37 AM MST

• Umm...she has always had a temper even when I met her when we were 21.
    She would only get physically aggressive when she drank.
    She would throw picture frames at my head and stuff like that and I'd have to take her car keys away from her so she wouldn't drink and drive or I'd even sit in the hallway all night with my back against the bedroom door so she couldn't drive back to the bar or wherever?
    It was bad when she drank.
    It was way later on in our marriage when we had a son and she was hiding her affairs and she was stressed because she had secretly maxed out credit cards and accumulated a bunch of debt and her temper became a regular thing.
    She would push me and corner me and threaten me and try to get me to strike her.
    She knew that I would never hit a woman so she would use that against me.
    My son saw her pushing me physically and putting her hand in my face and threatening me and I knew that it wasn't healthy so I left her for about a week and I felt really bad for my son.
    I went back to her.
    Now we live separately and my son is bigger, but she still has a temper she just hasn't been physical toward him that I know of and I have him a lot anyway so it hasn't been as volatile as when we were married.
    She does have some anger issues.
    She does need some counselling from stuff that's happened to her in her past.
    I just stay away from her now honestly and I try to have people in my life that love and respect me.
    I'm trying, thanks. : )

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 15, 2017 11:20 AM MST
      December 15, 2017 11:18 AM MST

no and i would never stay with someone like that
      December 14, 2017 3:51 PM MST

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. TMI .
      December 14, 2017 7:18 PM MST
  • D&D

I think many children who were abused by their parents loved them still despite what they went through.
      December 15, 2017 11:39 AM MST