Active Now

Element 99
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do you get your money's worth? Eat-all-you-wanna buffet? You do. Supersize?Yep. Buy one get one free. You eat both. How fat are you?

Do you get your money's worth? Eat-all-you-wanna buffet? You do. Supersize?Yep. Buy one get one free. You eat both. How fat are you?

For you folks "of a certain age" remember way back in the long ago when  muffins used to be the size of cupcakes?. Now you get a muffin that easily feeds a family of 4 or more. Now what favor is being done to your body/health by eating like that? Bigger is better? Fatter is better? Sicker is better? More is better? Too much is ever better?  Do you eat too much because you can't resist a bargain? At what cost to your well-being?

Posted - December 15, 2017

Responses

Haha no have always been slim.  Though not as much as formerly.  If I want something I will get it. But I view those all-you-can-eats and BOGOs as come-ons - ways to get people in the door - and I avoid them.  Sometimes just dining out with my husband has caused me to put on five pounds!  I cook and eat mostly at home and exercise and usually skip lunch. 
      December 15, 2017 7:53 AM MST

Good for you og. Good for you. We usually eat 3 meals but breakfast and lunch are regular meals and later if we're hungry we will snack on something lighter like yogurt or cottage cheese with fresh pineapple. Of course when we worked our main meal was dinner. We've totally reversed it because it just makes more sense and we feel much better. When you're retired you have many more options because your time is your own most of the time. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      December 15, 2017 8:04 AM MST

None of my family was brought up on fast foods ,junk foods.....occasionally Chinese food what Chinese people would never ever eat...

We never eat things like McDonalds adultered food stuffs...
    We try to buy only organic foods and never ever supersize...things with to much sugar or over processed wheat ...

ThriftyMaid mentioned about potatoes grown now laced with pesticides in them so to prolong decay....Salad aand other veg also to prolong shelf lives in stores...

Can you imagine what we will all be eating in years to come if the giant conglomerates get their way .....
      December 15, 2017 8:25 AM MST

I can only eat my money's worth if was it a seafood buffet. (Nothing fried). They would probably ask me to leave. Other buffets...no.
      December 15, 2017 9:44 AM MST

I never get my money's worth at buffets because my tiny wimpy little stomach won't let me. Also, I don't like all those other nasty people touching all the food. Ew.
      December 15, 2017 5:43 PM MST

• i hate buffets. my s/o wont take me to buffets because i dont eat my moneys worth. i hate the feeling of being full. 
      December 15, 2017 5:48 PM MST