Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Do you like trains?

Do you like trains?

Posted - December 15, 2017

Responses

Id be Loco if I diddnt 
      December 15, 2017 8:34 AM MST

•    "I used to, when I was a kid."  We'd sit by the tracks and count the cars as the train went by. The only one I've ever ridden was at Knott's Berry Farm (amusement park), so my experience with them is rather limited.
       I do know that when I was younger there seemed to be a lot awareness of them than there seems to be now.  A lot of train songs back then.

December 15, 2017 8:40 AM MST

It's the best way to travel in Italy. Fun, too.
      December 15, 2017 9:40 AM MST

• I used to until I got delayed 2 hours on Amtrak. Now my opinion of them as soured a bit...

Also BART is just kind of grungy. 
      December 15, 2017 10:45 AM MST

Yes, all aspects of train travel appeal to me.  I love hearing them during the night too.  I want to take the perimeter trip by train.  It would be fun to do with a few people.  Who wants to go; we could make it an AM thing.  Everyone could board at their closest depot and we could ride and see all the way around the country.  
      December 15, 2017 4:06 PM MST

Yes, trains are real pretty.
      December 15, 2017 5:22 PM MST

• i like trains the MOST
      December 15, 2017 5:25 PM MST

Yes, but some at least of Britain's rail companies have done themselves no favours by recently hiking fares by about 3.5%.

Doesn't sound much... unless you are a commuter.

Just to make it more fun, the company that's taken over running our area's services to London are shortening the fastest services to London by an insignificant 12 minutes for the 130mile trip - but at cost of reducing frequency and making the services at least two intermediate stations unattractive to use by moving them to a wholly unnecessary re-routing meaning you would now have to change trains on what were all right to and from London.
      January 12, 2018 5:05 PM MST