Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you rather surprised that most people believe a liar than a person telling them the truth?

Are you rather surprised that most people believe a liar than a person telling them the truth?

Posted - December 16, 2017

Responses

Zack,

You know, I think, that Old School lives here with me as a roommate.   My point is, since this happened, The TRUMP election, we both have tried to figure out how a huge group of individuals, many who are not retarded, could come to listen to this moron and accept his word as gospel.

I guess there is a mob mentality; there is a group hypnosis and OS has all kinds of books on cognitive thought regarding how groups are affected in large numbers and often do the unthinkable.  So, what I think the bottom line is, -- people who follow insane leaders are totally unconscious.  They are not brain dead, but they act as a whole and follow certain codes to keep the tribe together.  My words:  They are like a lynch mob, unconscious and acting as a whole.  But these people have not come to their senses, because there is not a new SHERIFF in town to break the mob up.

This is the only explicable reason I can come up with for this INSANE behavior and it is very compelling.  While it is terrifying to hear people shout HILLARY IS THE DEVIL and Trump is GOD with absolutely NO evidence, it also may give a key to how to stop them.

Not sure if the answer is there yet, but we are not dealing with logic or any sense of values or integrity.  They are hypnotized, brainwashed,   and somehow, they  keep mouthing the same lies to themselves despite the obvious truths to the contrary.

There are no truths they recognize.  Only Trump.  Only ADOLPH the racist despot.

They are following an insane ruler because they are also partially insane or totally.  I won't rule out totally.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 16, 2017 10:13 AM MST
      December 16, 2017 9:45 AM MST

LOL I knew you would like this.  Thanks Zack. 
      December 16, 2017 9:50 AM MST

You're welcome.
      December 16, 2017 9:51 AM MST

Sometimes I think it's how people present the lie that can make it " believable" to others. 
      December 16, 2017 9:59 AM MST

People are drawn to what they want to hear. Or what is expedient. Truth is that which we choose to accept, not always allied with fact or reality. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 16, 2017 3:27 PM MST
      December 16, 2017 10:15 AM MST

That is why there are not many atheists. 
      December 16, 2017 12:50 PM MST

• No I'm not surprised, but I do believe the truth always comes out in the end. Even if too late. 
      December 16, 2017 3:15 PM MST

not really, thats just the way some people are
      December 16, 2017 3:59 PM MST