Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Recreation » Can those folks who murder animals so they can stuff the heads and mount them on walls also be loving pet owners? HOW?

Can those folks who murder animals so they can stuff the heads and mount them on walls also be loving pet owners? HOW?

Posted - December 17, 2017

Responses

• Exactly.
    It's crazy.
    Human beings are very illogical creatures.
    We slaughter cows, pigs, chickens etc. and we treat cats and dogs like babies.

We'll eat one kind of animal, but we refuse to eat other ones.

Putting a deer head on the wall and then dressing a dog in a little sweater makes some people feel good I guess?

Humans are very strange.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 11, 2018 10:56 AM MST
      December 17, 2017 12:11 PM MST

I feel exactly as thee doth Truthseekers. Humans are very strange. Many of them are exceedingly cruel and evil. Unfortuantely they seem to be the ones in power worldwide. SIGH. One day I hope that changes! Thank you for your reply Truthseeker and Happy Monday! :)
      December 18, 2017 4:52 AM MST

thats a good question, not sure how
      December 17, 2017 4:54 PM MST

No.
      January 11, 2018 10:47 AM MST

Are you vegan? If not how can you eat one animal and then have another as a pet?

I eat meat. I have pets. I have a bunny and fish as pets. I have eaten bunny and fish.

God gave us the earth and all the animals on it...to have dominion over it.
      January 11, 2018 10:56 AM MST

Almost vegan. Cattle are raised for food m2c. People regularly shoot their food. I expect if you are a gun person you have done that or your husband has or your son or your brother. Used rifles to kill food that  is skinned and butchered and then eaten. That has ZERO to do with what I'm talking about. Killing for the express purpose of taking a trophy head, stuffing it and mounting it on a wall to preen over and brag about.  Does said brave white hunter eat lion or elephant? I know they eat venison.There is no connection to a hamburger I may eat and our beloved pet Tigger whom we lost to cat leukemia July 25,  2017. NONE. But there is a connection to having a pet and showing off how well you kill by showing off mounted heads of dead deer or elephants or lions or whatever the BIG WHITE HUNTER felt like destroying. You conflate things that are not remotely related to the question I ask. I don't know if you  know that do that. You do. This is a good example. Thank you for your reply. I expect I answered your questions not to your satisfaction. I gave it my b est shot. So shoot me! Not literally. Figuratively. That was a joke.
      January 13, 2018 5:47 AM MST

The hunter (white/black/etc) is not allowed to take the meat. They are required to donate the meat to the local people who do eat it. 
    It is just as fair to apply chicken, cows etc to pets as it is to apply wild animals to pets. Farm animals are not pets.....wild safari animals are also not pets. So if you can ask how one can be a loving pet owner, you can also ask about the other.
      January 13, 2018 5:56 AM MST

I'm sure they can, presuming that most of us are fine with chickens, pigs, cows etc. being slaughtered more for the palate than for necessity--ducks, rabbits and horses too--yet still treat the pets around them nicely.

Humans tend to be conflicting not only with others. This post was edited by Danilo_G at January 13, 2018 5:47 AM MST
      January 11, 2018 10:59 AM MST

True. Thank you for your reply DG! :)
      January 13, 2018 5:48 AM MST