Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » How do you message other members on here...... I appogise profusely for yet another blonde moment..... :(

How do you message other members on here...... I appogise profusely for yet another blonde moment..... :(

Posted - December 20, 2017

Responses

You are not alone. I couldn't figure it out either. I misused the report system to send a message to JA about it, and she then forwarded my message for me. So there probably arent any PM system here on AM, It is something that tend to get misused for SPAM and missionizing.
      December 20, 2017 4:41 PM MST

People message me....and I can talk with them ?       It's just so weird as I'm sure I've messaged others before...

Thanks for replying xxx
      December 20, 2017 4:55 PM MST

The envelope icon at the upper left.  You can only PM people on your friends list, though. 
      December 20, 2017 4:46 PM MST

I did look there ...and eventually see I could message someone on my friends list...but not anyone else...  :( 

Thanks for answering....

NJ. Xxx
      December 20, 2017 5:00 PM MST

Welcome. 
      December 20, 2017 5:13 PM MST

Xxx
      December 20, 2017 5:20 PM MST

Just people on your friends list? This is the first site I’ve been a member of where you couldn’t message all the other members. That’s going to take some getting used to. Thank you for letting us know. 
      December 20, 2017 5:45 PM MST

Welcome.  It took a bit for me to get used to as well.  You can chat with anyone, whether they are on your friends list or not. 
      December 20, 2017 7:18 PM MST

Thanks. Not much for chat, that hasn’t worked out too well in the past. not being able to send messages unless it’s someone one your friends list is a bit disappointing. If I devide to stick around, I’m sure I’ll eventually get used to it. 
      December 20, 2017 7:27 PM MST

• If a site starts off with wide-open messaging, anybody can message anybody, but you only want messages from just a few members ... you'd have to turn-off all the unwanted members individually.

If a site starts off with no messaging without member approval, then you send a friends request to the member you want to message and if they want the same ... they become your AM friend and you can message them anytime.

Both systems work, so how many friends you expect to have and how much time you want to spend setting up your messaging would probably determine which system you choose. :) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 21, 2017 4:06 AM MST
      December 20, 2017 10:15 PM MST

Blond moment much? LOL

Just go to the persons profile. You will find an option on the left of the page that says (message person) click that, and your on your way. You can practice with me if you like. Id love to get a message from you. ;))
      December 20, 2017 5:38 PM MST

O'key doe'ky then......ill try my best xxx
      December 20, 2017 5:42 PM MST

you click on their avatar and then click on send message
      December 24, 2017 3:52 PM MST